SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 12-23-2009, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI... some xbmc folks are doing a really nice job on their android app. I took a look at the code, I think it will be possible to adapt their application to a sage environment, which would be cool.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
FYI... some xbmc folks are doing a really nice job on their android app.
Indeed, that's a nicely polished application. I'm not at their point yet...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 12-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Sage Expert

Hiya

I've been reading through the installation documentation and I'm slightly confused which properties files I would need to edit for GKusnick's Studio Tools & SageTCPServer. My setup is a headless server (Never run the GUI on it) and a HD200. Do I just edit load_at_startup_runnable_classes in sage.properties or do I need to alter the extenders own properties file ?

Thanks
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 12-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
I've been reading through the installation documentation and I'm slightly confused which properties files I would need to edit for GKusnick's Studio Tools & SageTCPServer.
Actually, you don't need to add Gkusnick's tool to the sage.properties, just need to get the .jar in the jar folder.

Quote:
My setup is a headless server (Never run the GUI on it) and a HD200. Do I just edit load_at_startup_runnable_classes in sage.properties
Yes, with the line defining the ports too.

Quote:
or do I need to alter the extenders own properties file ?
No, you don't touch those, they're only useful in determining the Mac ID of the extender, if you can't read it off the box or such.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 12-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post

Yes, with the line defining the ports too.

OK, getting somewhere now. I already had the GKusnick JAR file, I will remove the load_at_startup for it if its not needed. For the TCPserver, do I need local.9250, extended_mac.9260 ? I assume so as the app needs to control both of them ?

Next step is following the instruction to install non-market app.

cheers
Old 12-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, getting somewhere now. I already had the GKusnick JAR file, I will remove the load_at_startup for it if its not needed.
It's not needed for SageTCPServer, but maybe your previous use still requires it... Make sure it's a recent version, the ones from 2008 are missing some useful stuff...

Quote:
For the TCPserver, do I need local.9250, extended_mac.9260 ? I assume so as the app needs to control both of them ?
Yes, the first is to communicate with the server for lists and such, the second to control the extender (1 per).

Quote:
Next step is following the instruction to install non-market app.
Can't really help you on that part, though Slishod probably could, if the link with instructions isn't clear... After a quick check, it seems there are some Android apps to install non-Market apps, so they're probably easier to use than the instructions linked...

If you have more questions, you should probably register and post them on the Tallus forums.

Last edited by Fonceur; 12-24-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone got anything further on this? Lots of folks would be excited over a smartphone client.

While we're at it how about an Android based client box as an alternative to the HD-200? Especially outside the U.S. if a person could install their own client app on an Android unit. Or can we already do that with linux and the existing client app? I see that manfs are about to get into Android based STBs. Small step to make a client against a SageTV backend?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingisson View Post
Has anyone got anything further on this?
Well, I developed the application that I said I would, minus the TV guide part that I haven't finished yet... There is no transcoding/streaming and I still need to handle more metadata/images, but...
Old 01-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for the update. This could be rather exciting.
And just an idea to add; it would be highly useful if it could function in a "Bed Side" manner meaning that it could shutdown resources after finishing finite length content or a preset sleep timer setting. That part is probably easy. Then if connected to a cradle or charger it goes into a nice subtle clock mode. I don't use an alarm clock but others might. There is an app called Bedside I believe that is simply a slick night mode app but being a paid app I don't have access to it in Canada (even @ .99 I can't get it). For now I use Sleep Timer which allows me to stream from any app such as a podcast or music and it will shutdown per timeout setting. That is very useful to me considering that not all apps or content will shutdown resources by itself.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod View Post
1.1 is basically irrelevant now, so don't bother targeting it. Google recently released installed OS stats, and they make it pretty clear:
Just to add some European statistics which confirms that OS 1.5+ and a resolution of 320x480 (with 240x320 still non-negligible...) are the way to go:

http://www.romandroid.ch/discussions...e-janvier-2010

The article is written in French, but those pie charts are clear...
Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quick question that I didnt see the answer to (although I probably missed it): Will this work with the MVPs and HD100 as well, or just the HD200?

This might actually be a reason for me to try android (I wonder of Homeseer has an android app for HSTouch? Hum...)
Old 01-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
Will this work with the MVPs and HD100 as well, or just the HD200?
It shouldn't matter, as the controls are generic. The only distinctions would be for something like rebooting an extender, but I'm not touching that anyway...
Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool, thanks for the prompt answer. At some point in the near future I am going to have to get myself an andriod device to play around with, and I will definately give your program a try!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
It shouldn't matter, as the controls are generic. The only distinctions would be for something like rebooting an extender, but I'm not touching that anyway...
I'd quite like the ability to reboot and stop/start miniclient on my HD200 if you're looking for enhancements

I tried this app out the other day and found sageservice taking 100% CPU time. Is this expected ? Does it do some sort of initial indexing ? (If so, I will give it another try) At the moment I removed SageTCPserver from runnable classes

Thanks
Old 01-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'd quite like the ability to reboot and stop/start miniclient on my HD200 if you're looking for enhancements
Well, it is in SageTCPServer itself, I guess I could expose it...

Quote:
I tried this app out the other day and found sageservice taking 100% CPU time. Is this expected ?
On mine, it's not even registering at 1%, so yes something was wrong...
Old 01-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Sage Expert

Hmmm.. I guess that would depends on what CPU you have I have a 1.3Ghz VIA chip (Its in a fanless PC underneath my TV) it copes with Sage just fine... I will try adding the runnable class back in there and turn on debug logging to see if it throws up anything interesting
Old 01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I will try adding the runnable class back in there and turn on debug logging to see if it throws up anything interesting
Make sure to use the latest versions of the .jar, just to be sure...
Old 03-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Just to add some European statistics which confirms that OS 1.5+ and a resolution of 320x480 (with 240x320 still non-negligible...) are the way to go:

http://www.romandroid.ch/discussions...e-janvier-2010

The article is written in French, but those pie charts are clear...
854x480 is beginning to swallow the other resolutions - at least in the US. I'd suggest that 240x320 be discarded and development proceed for larger screens - the smallest being 320x480 which will remain pretty common. Also, according to the charts (and tech news), development should be geared toward 2.0 and higher. Apparently, an Android upgrade is imminent for Android phones with capable hardware.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
I'd suggest that 240x320 be discarded and development proceed for larger screens
Well, technically you don't really develop for a specific resolution, and things get rescaled anyway. So as long as you don't use a lot of low resolution images, it shouldn't matter much.

Quote:
development should be geared toward 2.0 and higher. Apparently, an Android upgrade is imminent for Android phones with capable hardware.
As far as I know, in Canada no Android phones are released or upgradable passed 1.5 without rooting them, and that's not the only place.

Anyway, all that is moot for me as I pretty much stopped development 2 months ago as I haven't gotten any testers' feedback in over 3 months...
Old 04-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

I have started a proper thread for my Android application in the customization section:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47852