SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

ShowAnalyzer, anyone used it lately

Noticed on the Missing remote that a new version of ShowAnalyzer is out.
http://www.dragonglobal.biz/forums/s....html#post6906

I have installed and played with it some. No verdict yet on accuracy but it is smoking fast on HD-PVR files.

Any experience and comments on tuning with ShowAnalyzer would be appreciated.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Sage Icon

I've been using it pretty heavily for about a year now. I spent a lot of time tuning it by basically seeing what looked to be wrong when a break was missed and seeing if I could find which setting might impact it. I made sure I only change one setting at a time and then re-run to compare. The major thing I had to adjust was the average video and the variance. Once I got those more in line the rest was much easier.

Unfortunately right now trial and error is about the only thing I can recommend. Jere should be providing us with more tools for tuning after it gets more stable. This latest release was a significant improvement in stability so it may not be long before we get some of those tools.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have the latest ShowAnalyzer 1.0.50.750. The section on SageTV setup in the ShowAnalyzer help PDF is blank at this point.

I previously used ComSkip and Comskip Monitor, but stopped using them because they didn't work well. I recall there was also an STV plug-in for SageTV.

What is the easiest, most straightforward method of interfacing SageTV with ShowAnalyzer? I suppose I could try ComSkip Monitor again, but I have also seen mention of DirMon and Sage Job Queue.

Which is best approach?
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.

Last edited by timg11; 10-23-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Comskip: (use Dirmon to execute it)
I have been using Dirmon with Comskip for quite awhile. I believe you need the donaters version of Comskip to do HD-PVR files. I have not found any tuning that works better than the default settings. I do turn off all the extra files that get generated so I only get the edl files when it is done. I am attaching screen shots of my Dirmon setup as well as my comskip.ini in hopes that might help. I have Dirmon set to monitor my recordings directory but not to process more than one thing at a time and to wait 3 hours before starting to process. I do not want it to waste time on live TV or news shows I watch almost real time.

ShowAnalyzer:
There is finally a version of ShowAnalyzer that will work with HD-PVR files. I have been playing with it for the last week on and off.

I changed the Weight on the Commercial logo to 15 which seems to help accuracy quite a bit for me. After that I have found it to be as accurate as comskip if not a little bit better in head to head comparisons. (Neither is perfect)

ShowAnalyzer is faster by a factor or at least 5 but I have not found it to be terribly stable at this point. It appears to hang on some jobs while processing and I have to kill them in Task Manager. I expect stability to improve but right now I would not rely on it to run consistently. Since Jere apparently has a job and a Life I would not venture to guess when it will be stable. It has taken him a year to get this far.

ShowAnalyzer will definitely be easier to setup and use once he get the bugs worked out. They are 90% to 95% accurate for me with some shows perfect and a few way off. How your station displays logos seems to be the big driver for accuracy.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dirmon.JPG (119.4 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg Dirmon2.JPG (85.5 KB, 218 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt comskip.ini.txt (5.8 KB, 224 views)

Last edited by SWKerr; 10-24-2009 at 07:53 AM.