SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question My Hauppauge HD PVR IR Blaster stopped working in SageTV

My Hauppauge HD PVR IR Blaster stopped working in SageTV.

It stills works just fine with ArcSoft Total Media Extreme. The BlastCfg program changes the channels just fine.

It has been working in SageTV, but now it doesn't. The only thing different is I did a series of STV updates (hadn't done it in a while). Now I have version 2009091601.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I am doing wrong?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I've had this happen - the only way it worked for me was to shut down and re-boot the apps: Sage, the HD-PVR itself, and most importantly the Hauppauge remote control app. I power on the HD-PVR first, then start the remote app, and then Sage. good luck.

PS - if you had a previous, or another Hauppauge tuner installed at the same time as the HD-PVR software, you're asking for headaches.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

I just rebuilt my SageTV server (replaced old machine with new WHS machine). I had to install the HD-PVR on the new machine yesterday, so this is still very fresh in my mind.

It sounds like you have all the IR programs installed since it works in the BlastCfg and it worked before in Sage. So that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd recommend stopping the Sage service and SageTV program. Then copy away the Hauppauge IR file (found in the sagetv\common\irfiles\hauppauge folder (or something close to that - I am doing this off memory). Save it, but put it somewhere outside of the SageTV folder.

Then start the BlasterCfg program again. Change the tuner to some random tuner and then back to the correct tuner. Perhaps even send out a channel change to see if the STB responds. If it does't work now, it certainly won't work in SageTV. But assuming it does change the channel, exit the program.

Restart Sage TV and verify that the correct IR device is selected under the Hauppauge HD-PVR tuner setup.

Hopefully that will get it. I think most people's problems with the IR Blaster comes from trying to make changes in the BlasterCfg program without stopping the SageTV service first (that's not specifically directed at you, just a personal observation).
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile The IR Blaster is now working in SageTV

I started with tvmaster2's suggestions:

I shut down the SageTV program (I don't use the Service - too many problems)

I turned off the HD PVR

I restarted the HD PVR

I started the BlastCfg program and changed a few channels

I started the SageTV program and changed a few channels - successfully!

So now it seems to be working.

Thanks tvmaster2. Also, thank you sic0048 for your suggestions, if I get in trouble again I will try your ideas also.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:40 PM

I realize this thread is a bit old, but to chime in...

Had very similar situation. HD-PVR configured with the Hauppauge IR blaster that came with it. Worked flawless (with a Verizon Fios QIP 7100 box), and then one day mysteriously stopped changing channels.

I didn't need to go through the whole rigamarole above, but stopped the Sage service, rebooted the HD-PVR, restarted Sage (disabling the service).

Seems to be working once again, and after further testing, seems to be some bad interaction with the service running....keeping it disabled for now