SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-16-2009, 08:30 AM

Question Videos by Folder problem

Have a strange issue, that's got me foxed.

I have two directories on my hard drive called movies and tv. They're mapped into sage as media folders of type video, and when I go Media Centre -> Videos and select Folder View. I see them both and Sage seems to recognise they are folders and not files as it shows the number of files inside the respective folders under their icons.

However, when I click on either folder with the remote it does not open and display the contents, instead I get the pop-up that is normally displayed by a video file, the one that starts with the 'watch it now' option.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong and how I can fix it ?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

You're sure that the first option in the pop-up isn't "Browse Videos" and the one below it says "Play all N Videos Now"?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You're sure that the first option in the pop-up isn't "Browse Videos" and the one below it says "Play all N Videos Now"?
Heh....Yes I'm sure. Really it thinks my folder is a video file. It's most odd.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Hmmm... what version of SageTV are you using? Is this the default STV?

Are the import folders being used as network paths? Are you using SageTV in service mode and weren't before? Or, have you upgraded and the service configuration for user + password got reset?

Maybe a debug log from when it occurs might help.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:30 PM

I found out what this was, and I'm now feeling quite stupid.

The folders are on a NAS in my closet and it had shut itself down. Sage didn;t give a Not Available error or anything like that, instead it treated the unmounted video folder as if it was a video file.

Thanks for the help Andy.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the further info. I'll make a note to try looking into dealing with a folder path that isn't accessible so it isn't treated as a media item instead of a folder.

- Andy
Old 07-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having this same problem since updating to the 6.5.20 beta. If I go to a folder on another machine with hundreds of files, and select it, the "watch now" window pops up as if it were a single file. None of my music files will play either. With music, it sees all of the individual files, but when selected, it says "playing now" but nothing plays. Windows MC plays everything fine.

Added: I deleted and re-added all of the import directories and now Sage tells me there are no media files in the directories!

Last edited by adone36; 07-18-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage 6.6 - Can't browse into folders in folder view

I've just upgraded to 6.6 from 6.5. In the media center, I like to browse my videos as "folders" because the import directory containing my movies has multiple subdirectories, each containing its own VIDEO_TS structure. Now, I see "movies" listed with "113 videos" but when I select it, I get the "Watch Now, add to playlist, etc" options screen as if I had selected a single video. This import directory does not have any videos directly inside it; just another layer of subdirectories that contain the videos.

I looked into the manual to see if the behavior was changed intentionally in 6.6, but it seems like what I've seen in the past should still be the case.

Quote:
Video Browser Folder Options

While using the Folder view and the Select command is used on a subfolder that contains videos,
not just more subfolders, a pop-up dialog containing all of the available actions that may be
performed will appear if the options dialog for a single video is set to Advanced mode. See the
Grouped Airings and Videos Options Dialog for details.

If the folder contains no videos or 1 video, the Select command will automatically browse into
that folder. To return to the subfolder’s parent, use the Back command, or Left arrow.
I'm seeing the same behavior on my HD200's and placeshifter clients. Is there an option I'm missing that will allow me to browse into my video folders again?

* merged *
Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Administrator

See above -- perhaps something is affecting the permissions to view those folders. Don't forget to check that you've reconfigured the SageTV service to log in as a user w/a password, if needed.

- Andy
Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ahh - yep, that's what it was. During the upgrade, the installer set the service back to Local System instead of my specified user account. I don't know if there's any way you can prevent the installer from doing that - I'm running Sage for WHS.

Sorry for missing this thread and starting a new one - maybe if you can correct the typo in the thread title, it'd come up in search
Old 08-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Administrator

An STV update which should fix this issue is available:
Downloadable Update: STV v6.6.2.2, 2009080601

If this problem remains, let me know whether the Folder Display Style is set to "Combined" or "Separate", or whether it happens either way.

- Andy