SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Sage User

Seperate config for each tuner ?

I'm sure I've seen discussion of this in the past but I can't find anything relevant browsing or searching...

I have 2 HDHomeRun boxes for a total of 4 tuners. Three tuners are connected to an antenna that points towards Cleveland. The fourth tuner is connected to an antenna that points towards Akron. My location is such that directional antennas in this configuration are required to get adequate signal on all channels.

The problem is that both cities are in the same guide listing. How do I tell Sage that certain channels are only available on certain tuners ?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Easy, enable/disable channels as required on each source. If the directionals are any good you can simply scan each tuner and then disable weaker channels if it picks up marginal chs from the other direction.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Administrator

If you do not have separate providers to select for the tuners pointing in opposite directions, then after configuring ones pointing in one direction, use the option to copy an existing lineup when configuring one pointing in the other direction. You can then enable separate channels in the copied lineup w/o affecting the other tuners.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.