SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

timeline issues with hauppauge pvr

Hi all,

I've been having issues for a long time (>18 months) with timeline on analog cable recordings from my two Hauppauge PVR 150s. Basically, watching live TV is fine, but after mutiple FF or RW operations on recordings, the timeline starts getting screwed up and repeated fast forwards don't actually move either the timeline or the actual video forward. It always seems to work in the beginning of the video, but by about 30 min into it, things start going a bit haywire as above. Eventually, you can watch the video, but the timeline stops advancing altogether.

I'm running the latest beta 6.5.13, but have been experiencing basically the same problem since whenever I started in Sage (in the early 3's).

I experience the exact same problems with either an HTPC client or HD100 extender. I searched quite a few other timeline threads, but I haven't seen this exact problem.

Notably, this is not an issue for HDTV (OTA via a couple of vbox tuners), during which FF/RW operations work perfectly and I've never encountered timeline probs.

HD is probably >95% of my viewing, which is why I haven't bothered to sort this out in so long. However, it's driving me crazy trying to watch the first couple of rounds of the Masters.

Hopefully, this is something well known and obvious.

System:

Server: P4 2.5 Ghz, XP Pro SP2, 2x Hauppauge PVR150, 1x Vbox 150, 1x Vbox 151, 1x HDHR
Clients: HTPC (P4 3.0, XP Pro SP2), HD100

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

cheers,
Dave
Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Administrator

See if the registry change in this FAQ helps.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Opus, the registry change appears to have worked well. No timeline issues on several analog hauppauge encodings, and I stressed the system pretty well, jumping all over the place with multiple FF/RW. Thanks!

For whatever reason, my system wouldn't boot after I applied the registry change. Seemed to be an IRQ thing; I had to remove my tuners cards and replace them to get things working again. I'm not quite clear if this had anything to do with the registry change or why it would, but all is well again. I'll try not to mess with the system for while!

Thanks again, Opus.

cheers,
Dave