SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Sage User

Sage stops talking to my USB-UIRT and other "issues"

So I've been running Sage for a while now, but I'm starting to recently see some issues that are becoming a bit more of a pain in the rump.

First, I'm running Sage 6.5.9.204 on a WHS server with 2x HD-PVR's connected to STB's and a USB-UIRT running with two zones.
I also have a WinTV 1250 to capture HD OTA local channels.

Recording all 4 tuners works great, and my USB-UIRT is able to change channels on my two STB's without issue most of the time. (I have a small problem of sometime my STB's turning "off" and when the UIRT wakes them up, it doesn't catch the first number of the channel but that's a STB issue)

Recently, I have been experiencing an issues where Sage somehow stops blasting channel change requests via the UIRT so all my recording end up defaulting to the last channel the STB's were tuned to.

I'm not sure why this is happening, or what I can do to prevent this as it seems that Sage either can't find the UIRT, or forgets that it's there.

Since this is a WHS server, it's a pretty static platform. Has anyone else been seeing this issue with the latest version of Sage? I did find a few threads from quite a while ago, but none of them really gave me any clues to what was going on.

Is there anything I can do to "log" to see when the problem is happening or to possibly capture when the USB-UIRT is no longer responding so I can possibly reboot my computer?

Thanks for any advice.
Clients: 3x HD200