SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

Does a UHF "USB-UIRT" exist?

Wondering if there is a UHF style receiver/blaster out there similar to a USB-UIRT, that could be used for 2nd tuners on Dishnetwork PVR's? On Dish dual tuner boxes, tuner 2 is controlled by a UHF remote, and it would be nice to find a way to control these, in a way similar to using a USB UIRT to blast out commands. I wonder if the guy that makes the USB UIRT would consider making a UHF version, hmmmm.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Wondering if there is a UHF style receiver/blaster out there similar to a USB-UIRT, that could be used for 2nd tuners on Dishnetwork PVR's? On Dish dual tuner boxes, tuner 2 is controlled by a UHF remote, and it would be nice to find a way to control these, in a way similar to using a USB UIRT to blast out commands. I wonder if the guy that makes the USB UIRT would consider making a UHF version, hmmmm.
Kirby, are you sure it's UHF frequencies? That would be a bit odd, since TV signals are UHF. Do you just me RF?

That might be pretty difficult to find, because I don't think there is a standard to follow, as far as RF remotes go, but I could be wrong. For instance, there are a lot of RF type Home Automation controls out there, but they all use different standards...

That is really strange. I just read some specs on the receiver your talking about, and it does say UHF. That's really odd.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, it calls it UHF Pro.

And Dish's UHF remotes can easily affect a neighbor's unit! I dont think any consumer level RF can do that? I am sure though that the UHF band they use is not in the TV bands, but who knows. I never bothered to check the frequencies.

Last edited by Kirby; 10-27-2006 at 08:49 PM.