SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Missing recordings in Service Mode after move to v6.5

I have been running 6.4.8 in Service Mode since August. Decided to upgrade tonight to get EVR and YouTube HD vids. But after the upgrade i only see 6 videos. And, those are the ones I transcoded to place on a PPC in "Media Center Import" directories.

All my videos are missing from the "SageTV Recordings" screen. They are still on my harddrive, however.

Now things get weird. I switched to non-service mode and I can see the recordings. All my directories are listed in either mode. But, when i changed back to service mode the recordings were not listed.

Can anyone help with this weirdness?
-pez
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you by any chance install into a different directory by accident, so that you have service and non-service modes running out of different directories with different versions of Wiz.bin?

The other thing to check would be to make sure the service is still configured to log in as a user with appropriate permissions to access all the necessary directories and network shares.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Good ideas. It appears to have installed in the correct directory as several files have the 02022009 date (the day before release). The user is correct as per "SageTV Service Control".

Also, the service mode version can get to the drives the recordings are on since i store my transcoded files there.

The other odd thing is the aspect ratio of the display changed to 4:3 as well as the UI Theme was set to SD. These were 16:9 and HD 1080 before.

Thanks for the suggestions.
-pes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well it appears that it is/was a permission/path problem. It couldn't see my UNC path to my recordings directories. I browsed to it from "Media Center -> Browse Media Files" and it reported the directory for the recordings as invalid.

I fuddled with windows vista permissions - removing and then enabling again. Changing the user for the service. But even with restarts of vista and sage -- nada.

However when I went back into sage, I noticed I could browse the network (who knew). I tried to get to the UNC path from there but it (oddly) came up invalid.

Just as I was writing this about the invalid UNC path, sage flickered and popped to the main screen. I clicked on "sagetv recordings" and there they were.

I don't like not knowing what caused the problem. But at least I know where the problem was and how it was fixed. (Presuming the last step is all that was needed.)

Thanks GKusnick you prompted me to look at some things I wasn't thinking about because I was in a panic.

-pez

Tags
missing recordings, service mode