SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Sage User

Any way to edit the feeds list in Online Services

I wanted to add a few different video rss feeds that I normally would get in iTunes. I see a few of the same ones that I sub to in iTunes there already, and wanted to add a few more to the HD Theater player.

Is there anyway to edit the feed list? or is there a place where you can request what additional feeds are added?

I am looking to add things like the Monocle podcast:
http://www.monocle.com/Other/rss/

Podcast feeds ->Monocle HD
Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Sage Icon

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&highlight=rss

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotnik View Post
I wanted to add a few different video rss feeds that I normally would get in iTunes. I see a few of the same ones that I sub to in iTunes there already, and wanted to add a few more to the HD Theater player.

Is there anyway to edit the feed list?
Since you posted this in the Media Player section of the forum, I take it that you want to use the feeds while the HD200 is not connected to a server... is that right? If so, the only way to do that is to use the STV from a custom location (see the sticky in this forum about customizing the UI) and add custom feeds, as described here.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Yes, I am using this standalone, and don't use the Server/Client software.

I was assuming I could telnet in and vi something or another, but ..

a. i can't seem to successfully telnet in to this box for some reason (port is open and it seems to connect but then hangs),

b. i wouldn't know where to start if i did finally get in (though i imagine that wouldn't be to hard to figure out).

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look and see how far I can get with that.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Administrator

You don't really need to telnet into the HD200 if you download the base STV file set in the sticky. You would just need to copy those files to something like a USB flash drive & then follow the directions to load the STV from that location. After that, you should be able to add custom online video properties files on the USB drive, reboot the HD200 & have the custom links available.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Sage User

Thanks much Andy.

Looks like a bit of work, but I'll give it a shot this weekend (or slag off real work, and do it now... which is what i would rather do ).

It also looks like I could theoretically add a new channel on the level of News, Entertainment etc, someplace where I would stick my new feeds or fav feeds (called something like ZikZak). Does this make sense? Wanted to know before I try to hack it out. Tia.

.robotnik

Last edited by robotnik; 03-05-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi robotnik,

Did you give this a shot? How did it work out? I would like to add some feeds to the StandAlone player as well.

Thanks,
Q
________
Kawasaki KD125

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:22 AM.