SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Just upgraded to get online services - but NO online services are available

I just upgraded to the latest version (6.5.9) to get online services (such as YouTube, Google Videos). My prior version of SageTV did not have online services.

However, after the upgrade the only online service I have is weather. And under detailed setup > customize, I don't even have a menu choice to configure online services.

What's wrong?

Thanks

UPDATE: BTW, I am using the MediaMVP device. Not sure if this makes a difference, but I thought I should mention it. I hope online services will work over the MediaMVP.

Last edited by dshields; 02-08-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

Are you by chance using an older version of the SageMC GUI?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Are you by chance using an older version of the SageMC GUI?
I don't think so. I'm not even sure what the SageMC GUI is, so I doubt I'm using it.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Sage Icon

Just checking ...

Do you have an "OnlineVideos" folder in the "SageTV3" folder?

The may be your path ...

"C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos"

You should see the following files in it ...
  • OnlineVideoLinks.properties
  • OnlineVideoUIText.properties
  • CustomOnlineVideoLinks.properties
  • CustomOnlineVideoUIText.properties
Old 02-08-2009, 09:41 PM
SageTVaholic

GO into Detailed Setup-Advanced-SageTV Application Package (STV or xml) click the button and browse thru the directory and pick SageTV3.xml. Now you should have all the new features including Online Vidoes.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
GO into Detailed Setup-Advanced-SageTV Application Package (STV or xml) click the button and browse thru the directory and pick SageTV3.xml. Now you should have all the new features including Online Vidoes.

Gerry
That was it. Thanks! (But I did lose some old features I'll have to figure out how to restore.)
Old 02-09-2009, 04:59 AM
SageTVaholic

If those features are plugins just import them with the plugin manager in the same area of Detailed Setup.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Gerry,
You help has been right on target. I appreciate that. You have saved me hours of frustration.

Do you mind if I ask a slightly off-topic question? I have ComSkip working again and that was the main "plug in" I missed after picking SageTV3.xml as you described.

But ComSkip often causes video play to get stuck in an infinite loop. A few seconds of video and audio repeat endlessly. I want to try upgrading to the newest ComSkip code to see if this issue is resolved.

I know where to get the ComSkip exe (and I have downloaded it), but I do not know where to get the related SageTV component (I think it is called an STVi). And how to I upgrade that?

I'm sure people have asked and answered this, but I am not finding appropriate posts on the subject (possibly because the posts I am finding are too advanced.)

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshields View Post
Hi Gerry,
You help has been right on target. I appreciate that. You have saved me hours of frustration.

Do you mind if I ask a slightly off-topic question? I have ComSkip working again and that was the main "plug in" I missed after picking SageTV3.xml as you described.

But ComSkip often causes video play to get stuck in an infinite loop. A few seconds of video and audio repeat endlessly. I want to try upgrading to the newest ComSkip code to see if this issue is resolved.

I know where to get the ComSkip exe (and I have downloaded it), but I do not know where to get the related SageTV component (I think it is called an STVi). And how to I upgrade that?

I'm sure people have asked and answered this, but I am not finding appropriate posts on the subject (possibly because the posts I am finding are too advanced.)

Thanks

Comskip STVI for default STV
Comskip STVI
Start with your default SageTV3.xml being loaded. (Or if you have an older version of Comskip STVI loaded remove it from the plugin manager.) And you should be fine.

All plugin and downloads for SageTV can be found here. (Some newer versions may be scattered in their support threads also.)
SageTV Downloads
Read the douments or the forum threads for how to use these.

Gerry
Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I know it seems that I should have been able to find this post by searching myself, but I assure you I did search without success. (I even used the "site:" operator in Google to help me search these forums.)