SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

What is required to do a clean install of SageTV?

I have an older PC which has SageTV installed on it. I now want to use it as a network encoder with a clean install of SageTV (I have a newer PC which I actively use SageTV). I know I will need to purchase a second SageTV license. Beyond that is it as easy as deleting all the SageTV directory files, or do I need to do more (registry settings etc.)?

Did a search on this, but did not find a simple step-by-step how too.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Sage User

I'd suggest using an uninstaller program. I like Revo Uninstaller. It uses the program's own uninstaller, then scans the registry and removes all keys related to that program, and then it looks for any leftover files and removes them. I've used it a lot and it works great. You can get it free at Majorgeeks.com:

http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html
Old 03-04-2009, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphjb View Post
I have an older PC which has SageTV installed on it. I now want to use it as a network encoder with a clean install of SageTV (I have a newer PC which I actively use SageTV). I know I will need to purchase a second SageTV license. Beyond that is it as easy as deleting all the SageTV directory files, or do I need to do more (registry settings etc.)?

Did a search on this, but did not find a simple step-by-step how too.

Thanks!
If it shows up in add/remove programs uninstall it and then delete the directory. (You'll want the wiz.bin from that install if it is still active.) It may also remember the serial number of your first install so you may beed to run SageTV with the REGISTER switch to enter in the new key. Check out the FAQ for more info.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks to both of your for your replies.

One question - do I only want to keep the .wiz file if I want information from the old install? I know that stores programs required, etc., which is information I do not need.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well I have followed instructions, set up the older PC with a clean install of SageTV with a new license and have set as a network encoder through the properties file. When I start this installation in the client mode, it discovers the SageTV server and connects no problem.

Here is where I am struggling. When I go to my SageTV server to setup a new source, it does not seem to see the HDPVR on the network encoder. I have set the properties file in the SageTV server to "true" for discovery of network encoders. I tried running the SageTV network encoder as a client and as not. Neither seems to work. So I am stumped.

Can't find any detail instructions through a search. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!