SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Setting service mode to login as use disables HVR-1950 HW encoding?

I'm a little new to service mode, since I didn't use it on my old server box. I had everything running fine with the service running as local service, 2 HVR-1950's, one HD-PVR, and two HDHR tuners. I needed to switch the service to log on as a user so I can access remote media shares, but when I did that and restarted the service, the two 1950's can no longer record. The HD-PVR and HDHR's work fine.

The message that I get from the 1950's is that there's an error enabling software encoding. They should be using the 1950's hardware encoder though, and shouldn't be trying to fall back to SoftPVR. Switching the login back to local service makes everything work again. Is there something specific to the 1950's drivers that makes them not function properly when the service is logged in as a user account? The user account 'htpc' in question is not part of the administrators' group, is that necessary?