SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Sage User

Question Vista 64 + SageTV Client + Eventghost

Hello,

I recently sent up a SageTV client computer. It is running Vista 64 business with the use of Eventghost and the Harmony 880 remote connected with an old MCE IR receiver via USB.

I can get just about everything to work except for the following:

1. When I put the computer into sleep mod using the remote, eventghost puts SageTV in the system tray and then the computer goes to sleep, that works correctly but when I have the remote wake up the computer, I then have eventghost start up SageTV by forcing run sagetv and bring to top. That sort of works correctly. What seems to occur is there is a huge delay between the time Vista wakes up and the command wanting to work. I get an error it seems in the eventghost log that says that, "The application is not running!" Then about 1-2 minutes later, it will start up SageTV and run. Is there anyway to speed this up so as there is no wait and eventghost does not seem to think the application is not running?

2. When SageTV client does finally bring up to the front and run, I get typically an error message that says it can not connect to the server. But when I hit the back button on the remote, it works just fine. How do I prevent SageTV from doing this? I do know this is not a network issue.

On a side note, is there anyway to control the front panel lights to have them turn off during a movie or TV show?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

I have not found any way to avoid the "Sagetv has has lost its connection to the server" message when waking up a client pc. I'm not sure it can be avoided, but maybe I am wrong and someone else can help with this.

Instead of using event ghost to wake sage from the tray why not just put sage to sleep in screen saver mode? That is how I do it. The pc wakes up and goes instantly to the "Sagetv has has lost its connection to the server" message. I just wait a few seconds and hit the menu/home button and I am up and running.

HTH

Jesse
HD300 X1