SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Lineup issues/confusion

I've been trying for a week now to get my channel lineup working. I'm so confused with the following terms/numbering schemes:
- Physical Channel number
- Channel number
- Logical Channel number
- 101-4-1 (what's this)
- 657MHz (I'm an engineer so I know what this is, but how does it correlate to the others)

My setup is an HDHR with Cablevision of Morris County NJ - Digital (07856 is my zip). I started with a Linux server but with these problems I thought I'd try Windows. It also has problems but different scan results.

My real problem is that every time I do a scan I get different results. Not one of which was fully working. Sometimes (and this seems to what windows scans produce) I get my channels scanned in at lightning speed by SageTV, but barely any of them work, ie when I tune to them I get no signal. I get the EPG data at this time. I now the signal is really there as I can manually tune with HDHR manager.

Is there a good technical writeup on all this channel numbering lineup stuff? At this point I'm so confuses, I can't tell what is and what isn't working.

Is there a file that I can manually configure the Frequency to Physical Channel to Logical Channel to Call sign for all the channels I'm interested in. I get 40-50 channels, but I only plan on using 5-10 of them, so this shouldn't be difficult if it's possible.

I'm using the latest beta software 6.5.5 in all cases. And I've got the latest HDHR firmware/config tool which is Release 20081223. (although I've tried older versions. I have a HD Theater extender and that's why I need to use the latest beta 6.5.5.
Provider: FIOS
Clients: 3xHD200 (20100909 0)
2xHD300
Old 01-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Unhappy EPG data issue on Linux server

I'm trying to run a headless sagetv server on Ubuntu 8.10, for that past few days now. I've had several issues with getting the scanning of channels to work. I tired several things including running sagetv on windows and checking things out there. I was having the same problem.

As it turns out the scanning issue appears to be resolved by the following HDHR firmware update:
Quote:
Release 20081231:

* Fix problem in lineup server channel detection.
But now that I get the channels scanned in properly, the only issue I have is that EPG data is not complete in linux. I barely see any info, maybe an hours worth on some channels. However on the windows version I get 14 days complete info, no issues at all. I really (x10^1000...) don't want to run my sever as windows.

What can I do to troubleshoot this? Any help is appreciated.

* merged *
2xHD300
Old 01-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Sage User

Partially resolved

A big part of my problem has been resolved in yesterdays firmware update from HDHR 12-31-2008. Now I can get all my channels scanned in properly and consistently. However...

I'm still having a problem getting EPG data. I can get all EPG data when running the windows trial version of sagetv, but I barely get any data on Linux server. Maybe an hours worth on a couple channels.

As this appears to be a Linux EPG issue I also posted under Sagetv Linux OEM forum.
2xHD300