SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-27-2008, 12:21 AM
SageTVaholic

MPC HC codecs

I can use this codec in any other app than sagetv. It states that you have to have the mpc hc codecs connected to the video renderer without anything else. In graphedit this works wonderfully, but sage insists on using it's demultiplexer and messes everything up. any thoughts? BTW, I am using this to try to play my Dark Knight VC-1 blu ray rip. These are the ONLY type of files I have trouble with.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I can use this codec in any other app than sagetv. It states that you have to have the mpc hc codecs connected to the video renderer without anything else. In graphedit this works wonderfully, but sage insists on using it's demultiplexer and messes everything up. any thoughts? BTW, I am using this to try to play my Dark Knight VC-1 blu ray rip. These are the ONLY type of files I have trouble with.

Thanks.
I have problems with other decoders as well, so far I am mostly using Nvidia or CyberLink decoder. Somehow ArcSoft decoder does not work that well in my system.
SageTV 6.6.2 / 42" Plasma Panasonic TH-42PX600A/ Intel Pentium DC E6500/ 2Gb Ram/KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T/ Logitech Harmony Remote X360/ Gigabyte GeForce 8500 GT (Silent)/ Winfast DTV1000T/ WD Caviar Green 808Gb HD/ Win 7 Ultimate/ Mission Cinema 7/ Denon AVR-1800

Last edited by cychou; 12-27-2008 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychou View Post
I have problems with other decoders as well, so far I am mostly using Nvidia or CyberLink decoder. Somehow ArcSoft decoder does not work that well in my system.
Have you gotten any vc-1 decoders to work?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Have you gotten any vc-1 decoders to work?
I don't have any material encoded in vc-1 to test. Besides my point being not every decoder filter is compatible with SageTV (or any other player). Compatibility is always an issue between different DirectShow filters.
SageTV 6.6.2 / 42" Plasma Panasonic TH-42PX600A/ Intel Pentium DC E6500/ 2Gb Ram/KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T/ Logitech Harmony Remote X360/ Gigabyte GeForce 8500 GT (Silent)/ Winfast DTV1000T/ WD Caviar Green 808Gb HD/ Win 7 Ultimate/ Mission Cinema 7/ Denon AVR-1800
Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
just a thought. have you enabled the directshow viewer option in properties? that should make it take codecs in a way similar to how windows media player would.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I tried that with no luck. Sage still insists on using sagetv mpeg2demux. I just need a vc-1 codec that sage will use. Any ideas?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I tried that with no luck. Sage still insists on using sagetv mpeg2demux. I just need a vc-1 codec that sage will use. Any ideas?
if you store your files in m2ts sage won't (can't) use it's demuxer and you have options.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
if you store your files in m2ts sage won't (can't) use it's demuxer and you have options.
Why is that? That would be too easy it sounds like. (not trying to doubt you, but nothing with me is ever that easy.) Would you please elaborate as to why sage won't use it's demuxer? Sorry, but I have this habit of having to know why. Thanks btw.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Why is that? That would be too easy it sounds like. (not trying to doubt you, but nothing with me is ever that easy.) Would you please elaborate as to why sage won't use it's demuxer? Sorry, but I have this habit of having to know why. Thanks btw.
The sage demuxer doesn't support m2ts yet.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I've used .m2ts files and vc-1 refuses to use MPC-HC codecs. I think my mkv vc-1 file is, but my log files just says"video decoder" so I have no idea. My cpu useage is less than 10% though so it is pretty obvious, but still.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.