SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Codecs and remote placeshifting

Im having some issues that when I install certain codecs on my sagetv server (needed to play HD content on the machine), it breaks the video for remote placeshifting, from sagetv recordings I can hear the audio stream, but the video is left on a black screen. Anyone managed to compile a list of codecs that would break sagetv?? Ive know that the kazaa codec pack breaks it, and now with this pack of HD codecs ( Nwgat AVC Codec Pack url http://avc.nwgat.net)
which acording to their webpage "is a simple codec pack with CoreAVC & CoreAAC"

Any help would be appreciated..
Old 03-26-2006, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

My opinion. Never use codecs packs. Only install the codecs that you need. I have nVidia decoders installed and everything plays fine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Sage

Nothing should affect the transcoding used for placeshifting. It doesn't rely on anything external in Windows to do its job. Are you sure the problem is only when you Placeshift?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yup, I uninstalled the HD codec (on the sagetv server) , and now placeshitting works... (i can get video on the 'remote' pc with the placeshifter) Still need to figure out which codecs i exactly need to play all my HD contents ( i downloaded some videos which doesnt play, and i tried with the nvidia decoder, with no luck )
Old 03-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage User

Same type of problem

After upgrading to 4.1.10 & installing XVID to playback some imported video files, I find that PLACESHIFTING no longer works. I can connect in fine, but MPLAYER never runs - the most I get is a brief second of sound, then nothing. Running from the command line I see;
stderr:FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or
video output (-vo).

I have tried uninstalling the XVID codecs, rebooting both the server and placeshifter PC.
Any ideas?