SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Upgrade from v5 to v6.4 two stupid questions..

From my readings. I gather that the upgrade from v5 to v6 is free. (All I ever had was/is a v5 license).

So question 1: I assume I download the trial and it either finds the license key for v5 as I install over it, or I feed it the license key after installation and I'm running v6 legal and all.

If it's not this straight forward please, do tell.

Question 2: I'm currently running the SageMCE 'skin' or 'STV' thingy and I gather from reading threads in that sub-forum, that after I install v6 I should probably install the latest SageMCE, as the one I'm, currently running is old for v5. And I'm also thinking I should unload or uninstall the SageMCE before upgrading. Although I'm not sure that is possible through the Sage GUI.

Sneak Question 3: I also run the web interface by Neilm. Any ramifications with the upgrade?

Sage advise from the Sages greatly appreciated.

Time for a drive image....

Edit: Forgot about comm skip. Running something that marks commercials in the wee hours.I suppose that will need attention too??

Last edited by Slack; 10-08-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack View Post
From my readings. I gather that the upgrade from v5 to v6 is free. (All I ever had was/is a v5 license).

So question 1: I assume I download the trial and it either finds the license key for v5 as I install over it, or I feed it the license key after installation and I'm running v6 legal and all.
The current license info is stated at the bottom of the download page. If you originally purchased a v5 license, the upgrade to v6 is free.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.