SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Beta Demux Playback Error

I just submitted a bug report on this but here is what I tried:

1) Shutdown SageTV client and service.
2) Created a backup of MPegDeMux.ax as MPegDeMux.ax.8.4.8
3) Saved MPegDeMux.ax to Common folder (overwriting original file after creating a copy).
4) Restarted computer.
5) Attempt to watch live TV using the nVidia tuner Sage displays a Playback Error. Sage continues recording the channel even after pressing stop. Have to enter Sage Recordings section, find the recording and press stop again in order to halt recording. Same results for watching a station on the HDHomerun or a previous recording.
6) Using DirectShow Filer Manager, unregistered the SageTV Demux.
7) Tried to register the new demux. Produced an error about no supporting files available.
8) Renamed the Beta MPegDeMux.ax, and restored the original.
9) Registered the original using DSFilter Mgr (registered successfully). Everything returned to normal.

My default decoders for are nVidia Purevideo. For h.264 and AAC I am using the Arcsoft TME Hauppauge OEM. I also have Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 installed, but use it only for watching Blueray discs.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

I didn't try watching live TV but when I tried to skip back 10s on a recording Sage froze w/ the spinning circle of death. I was forced to end task. After the 2nd time I stopped trying to use the skip buttons. I haven't been able to restore yet as the wife has a favorite that is currently broadcasting a marathon.

S
Old 09-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Sage Expert

That sucks that you ran into so much issues. I had hoped this would allow me to use the CyberLink H.264 codec without having to resort to hacks.... I'll download and check this out when I get home.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Here's something I just noticed which might account for my problems. I just took a look at the download file and see that it is around 244KB in size, but for some reason I think the file I had saved earlier was smaller in size. I'm at work now, but I had remarked to myself during my testing that the new demux was smaller than the original. Perhaps I just had a bad download that didn't get it all. I'll check when I get home from work.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well that was it. My download apparently was not happy with me, the file was only 140KB. I redownloaded and all is well. Actually even better than that, I am *FINALLY* able to use the Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 decoders for H.264 and AAC audio. And what a huge difference over TME, I will have to watch some more but so far no stuttering (15 minutes of live HD with the HDPVR, normally that would have required three pauses with TME decoders to get things back in sync).

One thing I did notice was the timeline in Sage did not start moving during liveTV with the HD PVR until I performed some action (rewind, fast forward, etc), even though the video was moving forward normally.