SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just changed to DigiGuide as my data source

In one eveing, I have stopped using Birtles grabber and the Radio Times as my EPG source and moved over to using DG2XML. After putting in my channel numbers and a bit of spreadsheet fiddling for the sky channels that don't have EPG in DigiGuide, I am up and running using LMGestion's tool to import.

Considering that it took me over two weeks to get EPG importing working all those years ago, It just goes to show how things have got easier.

Thanks to Stephane and Nick_W

And also Alan Birtle who tool has given many years of faithful service.

So, I will now upload the xml files for Stephane's importer for the epg'ed and non-epg'ed chanels for the Sky FreeSat service.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LMGestion XML files.zip (4.3 KB, 259 views)
Old 06-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I did the same a few months ago for the Sky UK channels. With the latest version I even get HD tags appearing on C4HD!

Whitey
Old 11-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
I did the same a few months ago for the Sky UK channels. With the latest version I even get HD tags appearing on C4HD!

Whitey
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
In one eveing, I have stopped using Birtles grabber and the Radio Times as my EPG source and moved over to using DG2XML. After putting in my channel numbers and a bit of spreadsheet fiddling for the sky channels that don't have EPG in DigiGuide, I am up and running using LMGestion's tool to import.

Considering that it took me over two weeks to get EPG importing working all those years ago, It just goes to show how things have got easier.

Thanks to Stephane and Nick_W

So, I will now upload the xml files for Stephane's importer for the epg'ed and non-epg'ed chanels for the Sky FreeSat service.

I have just come across your post as I am trying to do the same as you and get Digiguide to import epg data and then use it with Stephanes importer. I have Digiguide installed and set up web services in it. I then run DG2XML and it runs without error but all I get is an empty epgdata file. What am I not doing right? Is it that I need to specify channels to export but where do I do this?

Any guidance will be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:42 AM
Sage Expert

You need to add the channels you want in your EPG into DigiGuide first, in DigiGuide use Tools -> Add/Remove Channels Menu option.

Also this may help.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
You can also use the Birtles grabber with Digiguide. I find it more reliable.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Sage User

I, too use Alan Birtle's grabber with Digiguide. I found it much easier to set up than DG2XML. Like motobarsteward, I also moved from BBC-RT to Digiguide.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
You need to add the channels you want in your EPG into DigiGuide first, in DigiGuide use Tools -> Add/Remove Channels Menu option.
That is most probably the problem, but if you've done this and still aren't seeing the channels you've set up in Digiguide, I suggest stopping and restarting the Digiguide process (use Task Manager, or simply reboot).

For some reason on my setup, and perhaps everywhere, the Digiguide web interface which DG2XML uses doesn't reflect channel changes until this is done, so they don't get into the epgdata file.

Let us know if you need more help.