SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

SageTV picking the wrong source or and tranmist to the wrong STB

I have 2 STB and 1 is set to use UIRT-USB and other one is set to use USB TV Translator also both have it own guide set up as well too.

But when I select a programming in Program Guide it choose the other source instead of the source I set it to and it also change the channel on the wrong source as well too.

How come? What am I doing wrong?

I am using PVR 500 on 2.4G CPU and 1G Ram /w 6600 nvidia using SageTV 6.2.10

I choose a source PVR500 (composite in) it previewed the correct STB then I select the URIT-USB for that source to control that STB and select the data guide for it.

the choose another source PVR500#2 with video (composite in) and it previewed the correct second STB then selected Serial DirectTV for USB TV Translator and select correct data guide for it.

but when I select a channel for first STB it tunes into the other source instead and changing it channel as well too unless the channel does not exist on the second source then it would change the first source.

I check every possible setting and it look like a serious bug in 6.2.10 to me.

Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

I rebooted the computer that SageTV uses and it start to work correctly. So after doing a few more testing and see that it working correctly I went to one of the source and remapped all channel to the 1000 range so it wouldn't be mixed into other source listing since both STB have same channel range so instead of seeing guide with 100 100 101 101 102 102 etc I remapped the other STB to the 1000's range 1100 1101 1102 etc to seperate them on guide listing.

It worked fine but it was very very sluggish and that wait time keep spinning in the middle of my screen so I thought I needed to reboot it again.

After rebooting the guide will no longer tune to the second source anymore. I went back to select source and edit channel they are all there so I click on View in Channel Setup and it won't tune to it at all.

Well I hope someone here could help me fix this issue becasue I spent the last 2 hours remapping all those channels with a remote control and I would hate have to go do it all over again.

It seem to me that SageTV is not stable when it come to more than one source unless I am doing something wrong here. When I only have 1 source .. SageTV perform excellently but when I add another source it start have all sort of problems.

I think the developer need to seperate the sources in Program Guide and add a hotkey to switch guide between source instead of appending all sources in one long guide.

Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

I went and check over the problem source and noticed that the Tuner Control had been switched to a wrong tuner control after the reboot so I click on it and it bring up a Tuner Control choice menu then highlighted "Change Tuning Device" and SageTV crashed closing itself.

So how do I fix it manually without redoing the source becasue I spent 2 hour remapping all the channels in that source?

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I went and check over the problem source and noticed that the Tuner Control had been switched to a wrong tuner control after the reboot so I click on it and it bring up a Tuner Control choice menu then highlighted "Change Tuning Device" and SageTV crashed closing itself.

So how do I fix it manually without redoing the source becasue I spent 2 hour remapping all the channels in that source?

Thank you
Bill

I did some debugging and found this in a log

Wed 9/26 23:55:43.564 processOptionsMenu optionsMenu=default:null|OptionsMenu:ChangeTuningDevice
Wed 9/26 23:55:43.596 Invalid device filename for IRTuner: C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\DirecTVSerialControl

Is this in some db or flat txt file that I can edit out?

Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Look for it in sage.properties, while SageTV is not running. And, each \ in the path will probably be \\.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Look for it in sage.properties, while SageTV is not running. And, each \ in the path will probably be \\.

- Andy
yeah I see the double slashes in the properties so I should fix it to single slash?

C\:\\Program Files\\ to C:\Program Files\

etc?

Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Administrator

No, I meant that the extra slashes are needed in the properties file, so if you try to search for the text using a single slash, you won't find it.

I don't know where the path "C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\C:\Program Files..." came from, so if that is in the properties file, it should be removed or changed.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
No, I meant that the extra slashes are needed in the properties file, so if you try to search for the text using a single slash, you won't find it.

I don't know where the path "C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\C:\Program Files..." came from, so if that is in the properties file, it should be removed or changed.

- Andy

Ok checking for that path then..

Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

- Andy

There nothing in properties file that have C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\C:\Program Files or anything like it.

Any other file I should check?

Bill
Old 09-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Well I am not happy about it but I went ahead and reinstall SageTV.

It working again but I would like to know how do I save my remap so I don't have to remap it all again if SageTV crashes and have problem again.

2 hours of remapping via remote control is not very fun thing to do after having SageTV giving you problem forcing you to reinstall.

Bill
Old 09-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

WELP! SageTV does it again. controlling the WRONG SOURCE again!

When I reinstall it .. I tested it and it controlled the correct source linked to the Channel Guide then I change some setting like overlay and add Closed Caption True etc and restart SageTV and now it lost control to one source and the guide which have both source listing think it all goes to one source unless you select a channel that not avaible on that source then it'll switch to the correct source.

You got a very serious bad bug in SageTV when it come to putting more than 1 source input to SageTV and having more than 2 tuner control to it via usb or ir blaster etc.

Bill
Old 09-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Ok I notice something strange about this.

Some of the network station is avaible on both sources one example would be the Discovery channel. One STB Discovery is on ch. 180 and other STB Discovery is on ch. 278.

When I first tested it and select the Discovery Channel 180 it would switch to the correct source and display it. Same as Discovery ch. 278 source.

After making a few adjustment in setup like changing video rendering and adding some hotkey to some commands etc.

I would go back and select Discovery channel 180 then it would switch to the other source and display the other source Discovery channel 278 instead of the proper ch. 180 source.

It seem to me there a bug where it clashes with same network name on channel guide or something and it get confuses or selecting by the network name not by the channel number and the Channel 278 is no longer listed in the Program Guide but still listed in Channel Setup.

I checked to make sure you didn't have anything like remove dupe listing or any setup for that in there and didn't find any becasue I did thought I toggle it accidently in setup

Bill
Old 09-27-2007, 05:04 AM
Administrator

While there is always a chance that there is a bug you are running into, many people are successfully using multiple tuners with IR blasters and other methods of changing channels. What you just described is SageTV's normal way of displaying channels -- please see the bottom of p. 45 and p. 144 in the v6.2 PDF manul for info about how duplicate stations and channel numbers are integrated into the guide. You don't choose a tuner when you record a show; you just record the show & SageTV chooses which tuner to use.

- Andy
Old 09-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
While there is always a chance that there is a bug you are running into, many people are successfully using multiple tuners with IR blasters and other methods of changing channels. What you just described is SageTV's normal way of displaying channels -- please see the bottom of p. 45 and p. 144 in the v6.2 PDF manul for info about how duplicate stations and channel numbers are integrated into the guide. You don't choose a tuner when you record a show; you just record the show & SageTV chooses which tuner to use.

- Andy
Then how do I disable this feature?

SageTV does not know which tuner have better video quailty or which tuner the closed caption is working and more cleaner so that why I need to disable this merge network thing and display all the source's channel that I have enabled then let me pick the tuner and chanenl I wanted it to record.

I want to be in charge of my recording, not SageTV

Bill
Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

Ahh but SageTV does know assuming you setup the lineup correctly.

Go to each tuner and change it's lineup only enabling the channels you want it to record from. Then Sage will only record that channel from those selected tuners.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

[QUOTE=CollinR;239820]Ahh but SageTV does know assuming you setup the lineup correctly.

Yeah I just figure that out but still this network merge feature need to be able to disable upon choice.

Here another example, a household with both Spanish and English speaking families can have 2 STB and 1 of the STB is set to Spanish analog so they may want to record the show in both languages or one show in English and some other shows in Spanish on same network.

With Current 6.2.10 SageTV this is not possible.

Bill
Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

All you need to do is configure your favorites so that certain shows get recorded from certain channels. Sometimes I assume it will record both if both are listed one on each channel. Something to try anyway.

Otherwise it would be impossible for SageTV to predict which tuner to use as it would never know which langauge you wanted it in. Dancing with the Stars 1st run on spanish channel is no problem.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

How do you have your USB-UIRT setup? I have two IR transmitters hooked to the jack on the back. Then I've defined zones in the STB setup files so that the codes get sent through to the correct boxes separately. Works out very well for me.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator

You can set the tuner priority by looking for the mmc/encoders/<some number>/encoder_merit=0 properties & setting the one for your preferred tuner to a higher value. When all other scheduling decisions are equal for a show, it will use this setting to decide between 2 tuners.

- Andy
Old 09-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
How do you have your USB-UIRT setup? I have two IR transmitters hooked to the jack on the back. Then I've defined zones in the STB setup files so that the codes get sent through to the correct boxes separately. Works out very well for me.

I have one STB controlled by USB-UIRT and other STB controlled by USB TV Translator which works fine for me.

It just that SageTV will try to merge the same network and pick one of the tuner source to record from which I do not like.
SageTV have no way knowing if the source is bad or configured wrong or ir is not working etc.

Bill