SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV 6.3.10 locks on channel change

Since I upgraded to 6.3.10 SageTV will lock up if I try and change channels by just hitting the channel button up or down. If I use the program guide it works fine and it plays movies, etc. just fine. It seems to only happen when I change channels up or down by using the channel buttons on the screen, remote or scrolling wheel on mouse.

Just spinning wheel in middle of the screen. I've even waited for 30 mins to see if it'd come back with no luck. 8^(

Running 6.3.10
Latest Java
Purevideo Decoder (It's being used)
Added extra JAVA cache to 512MB
Deregistered SageTV decoder
AMD Athlon 64 - 3000+, Nvidia 7600GS, 1GB, 500GB SATA drive 64K on the recording partition.

It was running fine until 6.3.10. Any ideas? Wife's about to kill me.

Last edited by nyle; 04-01-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Seems to be fixed - I found this post on a related topic of CPU spike. The fix they found was to change audio codecs. I changed my audio codecs to different ones and now Sage doesn't lock up.

It seems like there might be a problem with 6.3.10 and certain audio codecs.

Here's the thread I was reading about their 100% CPU spike. -
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=31552&page=2

-Nyle
Old 04-03-2008, 10:30 AM

i think i have a similar problem. except for me, the default settings work, but the picture lags. if i change the settings the computer hangs. what settings are you using?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftothe3 View Post
i think i have a similar problem. except for me, the default settings work, but the picture lags. if i change the settings the computer hangs. what settings are you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftothe3
hey im having the problem with the channels locking up also. what codecs (audio and video) are you using for tv? thanks
Hey man, sorry for the delayed reply. I hadn't logged in recently. I switched the audio codec only to a different one. I think I'm using my sound cards native NVidia codec. That fixed the issue. Just go to the audiio codecs and select another one that works and see if that helps.

For video I'm using the Nvidia Purevideo decoder which is set as my default video codec and then I select default in SageTV.

-Nyle

BTW - It would have been nice to be able to reply to your PM. You don't accept them.