SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Prompt to Change Channel with One Tuner Free

My mother in law reported to me that while she was watching live tv, Sage notified her it was going to change the channel so it could record a scheduled show. That's fine, but the second tuner was (and still is, hours later) idle. Shouldn't Sage have simply used the idle tuner so she could continue watching her live tv without interruption? The channel lineups are identical on the two tuners.

- Jeff
Old 11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Did you previously set the encoder merit property? If so, that can happen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Sage Icon

along the same vein---if I am watching a show on tuner 1, then go to change the channel, why doesn't it change the channel on Tuner 2? Instead-it changes it on tuner 1 while tuner 2 is idle. It seems that this would allow you to go back and forth between your previous channels much faster. Is this just an encoder merit issue again? because i don't remember setting anything special. Where can i tell it to use the second tuner if its idle?
thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Did you previously set the encoder merit property? If so, that can happen.

- Andy
Encoder merit is set to 0 for each of my two STB's. Any other thoughts? If one show is scheduled for 7:00 to 10:30 and another is scheduled for 10:00 to 11:00, would Sage try to grab an in-use tuner at 7:00 even though the other was still idle because it was going to need two tuners (if that question made any sense)?

- Jeff
Old 12-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonnabend
My mother in law reported to me that while she was watching live tv, Sage notified her it was going to change the channel so it could record a scheduled show. That's fine, but the second tuner was (and still is, hours later) idle. Shouldn't Sage have simply used the idle tuner so she could continue watching her live tv without interruption? The channel lineups are identical on the two tuners.

- Jeff
I recently had the exact same problem! I shut down sage and restated it, and then set up a test and could not get the problem to reproduce itself, so I can only assume the software got into some odd state.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the info, Walter. I was a bit disappointed I got no response to my last post's question.

Sage is, um, quirky, I'd say. I've come to expect the unexpected and I've tried to brainwash myself to think using "Sage logic".

Here's hoping V 6 works!

- Jeff
Old 12-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonnabend
Thanks for the info, Walter. I was a bit disappointed I got no response to my last post's question.

Sage is, um, quirky, I'd say. I've come to expect the unexpected and I've tried to brainwash myself to think using "Sage logic".

Here's hoping V 6 works!

- Jeff
up until recently, ive found sage to be VERY stable. im finally beginning to have some problems with version 2 so im going to upgrade to version 5 this weekend.