SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Comskip - how to ignore certain channels

Hi all,

There are a couple of channels that I don't want to run Comskip against (like the Movie Network and specific kids channels). Can it be done?

If it can't be done, is there a way to generate only blank text files?

Thanks
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggins View Post
Hi all,

There are a couple of channels that I don't want to run Comskip against (like the Movie Network and specific kids channels). Can it be done?

If it can't be done, is there a way to generate only blank text files?

Thanks
Comskip scans files, not channels. You can't eliminate channels, but if you're using the schedule/series method to automatically select what you want to record, the schedule options allow you to disable auto comskipping of the files. You'll still generate a comskip file, Sage just won't automatically use it. You can still manually skip the commercials if you want to.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

I too would like to be able to do this, at least occasionally. Even if I could create an empty comskip file so that comskip wouldn't run.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

My SJQ plugin allows for exactly this type of setup. You define rules and actions to run if the rule passes for a given media file. For example, you can write a rule that says, "if the recording is not from channels X,Y,Z then run comskip." You can also restrict rules to run at certain times of the day only (nice for transcoding recordings in the overnight hours). The sky's the limit really. With the web server plugin and the included SJQ servlet, it's relatively straightforward to setup a ruleset.

I'd consider SJQ a replacement for dirmon2/comskip monitor, etc. I'd be happy to assist anyone trying to get it setup.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Show Analyzer does this too. You can apply certain commercial profiles (or no detection at all) to specific channels, show names, etc.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Sage User

If you look in the sagetv\sagetv3\externals\ folder you will see the comskip.cmd file. Look inside it, it has some commented statements for skipping channels. look for %5=
Old 04-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
If you look in the sagetv\sagetv3\externals\ folder you will see the comskip.cmd file. Look inside it, it has some commented statements for skipping channels. look for %5=
But you need something to pass the channel number to that batch file, which is OK if you're using Start on Watch, but no good if you're using Comskip Monitor. ShowAnalyzer does it by using the web server to grab the channel number from Sage based on the file name.

John
Old 04-11-2008, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
My SJQ plugin allows for exactly this type of setup. You define rules and actions to run if the rule passes for a given media file. For example, you can write a rule that says, "if the recording is not from channels X,Y,Z then run comskip." You can also restrict rules to run at certain times of the day only (nice for transcoding recordings in the overnight hours). The sky's the limit really. With the web server plugin and the included SJQ servlet, it's relatively straightforward to setup a ruleset.

I'd consider SJQ a replacement for dirmon2/comskip monitor, etc. I'd be happy to assist anyone trying to get it setup.
Is this platform restricted to Windows?

TIA

B
Old 04-11-2008, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Is this platform restricted to Windows?

TIA

B
No, SJQ should work on Linux. With that said, I haven't had anyone try it on Linux (or if someone has they haven't reported their results). I was very aware of Linux when I wrote SJQ and I expect it to work. The included config servlet requires the web server plugin, now whether that works on Linux is another issue. But if you get the web server to work and get it to load my servlet then everything should be fine.

I can definitely coach you through a Linux setup, just PM me if you need help.