SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Sage User

ATSC OTA channels not scanned

Hello all,

I have Vbox DTA-150 in my HTPC and when I had SageTV scan for my OTA HD channels it found most but not all.

Two channels in particular that are missing are KNTV (NBC for the Bay Area in the San Fransisco area).

I am also missing other ATSC HD channels.

How do I go about manually adding these channels that were missed? When I scan for ATSC channels with MediaPortal, it finds and tunes them just fine.

I've tried modifying the VBox Vb35xx Capture-0.frq file to configure the major/minor channel numbers but it seems that SageTV doesn't use these settings. Here are the changes I attepmted to make:
#ch:index major minor program_id phyical_channel inversion qam-mod ctrl_bits(1:enable; 0:disable)

ch:22 12 11 1 12 0 0 1 #KNTV-DT
ch:23 12 11 2 12 0 0 1 #KNTV-DT2

I used the above major/minor information from MediaPortal's ATSC information.

What do I need to do to get SageTV to see these OTA HD channels that I'm missing?

I've read some other forum posts about replacing a TSSplitter.ax to resolve some issues but I'm not sure if this is what will fix my particular issue. The date on my TSSpliter.ax file is 12/28/2006.

I am running SageTV 6.0.19 on Windows XP SP2 with JVM 1.5.0_11

Thanks!