SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Sage User

How do I add OTA HDTV Channels

I have a few local OTA HDTV channels I want to add to sage tv but I can't figure out how to get it to work without NO SIGNAL popping up.

I have a fussion HDTV 5 lite card, the FussionHDTV program shows all the channels I have local fine with decent signal strenghts.

An example of what Fussion shows is:

CH D8-1
SERVICE FOX8HD
TYPE 8VSB
RF 29

Okay, so in sage, I go to video source setup and click add channel to lineup. It asks for the name of the channel, for a digital channel, dont forget that you may need to add the DT.... Okay, so looks like this field should be FOX8HD so that is what I type.

Now it asks for the new channel number for FOX8HD, what do I put there?

Next it asks for the station id for FOX8HD, what do I put there?

Can anyone help? Thanks!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

The manual (pg. 159) details how to accomplish what you want.

I have the same card as you, and where I live, I can
pick up both Miami & West Palm Beach stations (to the North and South of me).
The default epg can use either location, not both.
Adding channels is easy.
But finding out what the channel ids are for the new channels for guide data,
requires some work (that I wish I didn't have to do).
Old 03-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Sage User

I was able to add that channel successfully but station id is giving me problems. The only station id I see is in the properties file which shows you the last station id you visited so I tried using id of the non-hd station which maches the HD station I am adding but get an error message that it already is used.

Really not sure where to go from here, can any one give a hint how to figure out station IDs?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Administrator

To find station IDs, see this post. Also read posts after that one for some further info.

Is FOX8HD really the channel name? See what Zap2It lists as the name -- I thought there would be a DT after it, such as WXXXDT or KXXXDT, depending on what part of the US you are in (unless you aren't in the US).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Sage User

Sweet, thanks for the info Opus. Yes, according to the FusionHDTV tuner program scan results, it is FOX8HD and there are others HD ones without DT or HD at the end, for example the ABC HD channel is listed as just ABC. Some are like that because of Katrina I believe, 3 stations lost their antennas and piggy back over a local PBS station.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Sage User

Sorry, but one more quesiton. Some of my local HD channels aren't listed on zap2it, but the non-HD ones are. When I choose the Station ID for the non-HD one it gives me an error that it is already in use. Any way to force it to use that station ID so I can get the program info for my HD one?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Administrator

I don't believe you can have 2 channels with the same station ID, which is why the STV doesn't allow that assignment.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.