SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Sage User

Skip Fwd #2

I just upgraded to 6, from 2. After a lot of tweaks, I've got it running just about the way I had 2 setup... With one major exception.

I'm using the Hauppauge! 43 button remote. So far, it seems as if every programmed function is working. Skip Fwd, fine. Skip Bkwd, fine. Skip Bkwd #2, fine. Skip Fwd #2, nothing. I checked the commands menu and it recognizes that I'm pressing a button. The Show SageTV Commands linked[...] screen refers to it as
Control
Skip Fwd #2

but Link Infrared/Keystroke[...] says it's Ctrl-F6 & Ctrl-F8. Of which, only Ctrl-F8 skips forward. Skip Bkwd #2 works fine and says it's Ctrl-F5 in the Show SageTV Commands Linked[...]

I've tried linking Ctrl-F8, unlinking Ctrl-F6 and repeatedly tried to associate the >| button on the remote and still no dice.

It seems like the problem is that it's linked >| with "Ctrl" and no F-key instead of Ctrl-F6, or Ctrl-F8, but I've tried and tried and I'm stumped.

Help?

BTW, I just tried sending Ctrl-F6 and Ctrl-F8 and got "Ctrl" and "Ctrl-F8" respectively. Somehow, the F6 isn't there?

Last edited by Stephmon; 03-01-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Update
Old 03-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Sage User

UPDATE: Resolved!

I read another thread that mentioned another program might be intercepting the F6 keystroke. So, I closed most of the little apps in my taskbar (next to the clock).

Sorry, I can't say which one it was, since I applied the shotgun approach, but when I was through F6 was finally making it through to SageTV and I can skip commercials once again!