SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Sage User

LG Blue Ray/HD DVD drive

Anyone have one of these installed? I want to invest in one they have them on PCalchemy for $320 I have a nice 50" 1080p that it would look great on but not sure if its okay to use with Sage. All input welcome
Old 01-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Yes, I have one. For standard DVD's, all of Sage's features are fine. For Blu-ray / HD DVD you will need to use PowerDVD7 Ultra. The drive comes with a OEM copy that will pass 5.1 via S/PDIF...but if you're using analog, you'll need to upgrade to the retail version. (OEM copy just does 2.1 via analog). There is a thread in the Customization forum on how to make PDVD integrate into Sage, and AVS forum has two threads for the drive and PowerDVD.

P

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=773218

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=927751
Old 01-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I got it from here where it's selling for a lower price (although I don't recall what the charge for shipping was):
http://www.ncixus.com/products/26553...20Electronics/

The only thing I'll add to Polypro's statement is that I have been using this drive for about a month and a half and it's been flawless playing DVD, HD-DVD, and Blu-Ray. Haven't even bothered using the burning or Lightscribe capabilities so I can't vouch for that.