SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

XMLTV data not being updated...

Looks like the XMLTV data from radiotimes.com is not being updated. I guess it is time to find another provider if it doesn't resolve itself by the 1st!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad View Post
Looks like the XMLTV data from radiotimes.com is not being updated. I guess it is time to find another provider if it doesn't resolve itself by the 1st!
Oh dear! Maybe someone is just on holiday!

I pointed SageTV to a company I found in Wales a few weeks ago that provide Scheduling databases fro comericial enterprises. They had a more complete channel lineup than the Rado Times. I may send Sage an email in the new year and see how it goes. Life would be a lot easier if it was all integrated into Sage. It always takes me a couple of days to do an upgrade and keeping track of the Sky channels is a pain in the bottom!

I'd gladly pay £40-50 pound per year for TV lineup that's integrate into Sage!

Edit: OK, email sent to Radio Times. Looking at the XMLTV pages, the last time that Radio Times did the update was 2am on the 19th December.

Have a really good Christmas and a happy New Year!

Last edited by motobarsteward; 12-25-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Goto a reply from Radio Times. They apologise but they only have limited technical support on at the moment. They say they have recently moved to new servers and this is the likely cause. They will get it fixed as soon as they can.

I have a really bad feeling that this won't be until the new year.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Well if New Year TV is anything like Xmas TV there wont be anything worth watching

The only thing I was bothered about was seeing Kylie in Doctor Who

The guide data is getting a little close to being empty .......
Old 12-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, I know what you mean. Problem is the last time I spent any time watching her on tele was in neighbours in the 80's. She's looking a lot older now as, I guess, I do as well!

The WAF is well down now. My client PC packed up a month ago and I bought an Hauppauge MVP. It worked well for a wile but has been very unreliable with 6.3.5 and the latest SageMC. If we get to Jan 1st and there has been no EPG update, my wife is going to through a roof!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well my machine has locked up and I can't find a way of remotely rebooting it from my Linux box. I can hope for a power cut...

I guess some process has gone mental and used up all the RAM or I am getting a disk write failure and all the pending writes have backed up into RAM. Either way I won't get anything recorded for a few days. Oh well. I was quite enjoying using the web server to program Sage with as well...
Old 12-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm going nuts trying to follow OLD guides on setting up the EPG in the UK. Don't suppose any of you chaps could outline how you do it? IE what software being used? which of the many sageTv plugins?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker View Post
I'm going nuts trying to follow OLD guides on setting up the EPG in the UK. Don't suppose any of you chaps could outline how you do it? IE what software being used? which of the many sageTv plugins?

Thanks
I don't have much time this morning so in short.....

I use the birltes grabber to grab data from the Radio Times website to an XML file - http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv

Then use StephaneM's importer to import into Sage - http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17566

There's 2 versions of Stephane's software, a free one and a donator one. The free one you run the windows program yourself and click an 'import' button to import the data, the donator one will do it from the command line so you can schedule it.

Make sure you have Nielm's web interface installed http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426 as Stephane's importer uses that to force the EPG data in Sage to be updated (otherwise its done every 24 hours and you could have a long wait)

You'll find at the moment though that there are only 2 days worth of EPG data on the Radio Times website. We're all hoping someone goes back to work soon and fixes it!

I have scripts that automate the process of grabbing it each day but mine are somewhat complicated as I use KIX for most of my scripting. If you want a basic batch file, you could get away with the basics below in a batch file.

"C:\Program Files\XMLTV gui\xmltvgui.exe" /Grab
"C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer\STVXMLTVImport.exe" /silent

Of course, when setting up the 2 programs you have to make sure you configure them to use the same file locations/names for the XML files.

I hope this helps. Some people use other things to Stephane's importer, but I found it to be less hassle than other ones. You can create multiple lineups and remap channels in it so you dont need to go through the whole process within sage.

Last edited by doc; 12-30-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I don't have much time this morning so in short.....

I have scripts that automate the process of grabbing it each day but mine are somewhat complicated as I use KIX for most of my scripting. If you want a basic batch file, you could get away with the basics below in a batch file.

"C:\Program Files\XMLTV gui\xmltvgui.exe" /Grab
"C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer\STVXMLTVImport.exe" /silent

If you donate, you don't need the kix scripts as LM Gestions's thing will run Birtles grabber before it runs.

A word of warning thoug... This biggest problem is the channel mapping! Sky has hundreds and it takes ages to set up and Sky keep changing them! I'm going to do an update tonight (as I've discovered they've changed again!) I'll post the config files on this post later. I only get the free view channels though
Old 12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Arrow Temporary RT replacement EPG data?

Is it possible to use the EPG transmitted with the UK DTT TV channels to fill the guide as an emergency fall-back until the Radio Times XML data becomes available again and if so how is it done OR is there a substitute XLM data feed that can be used?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I found the UK DDT epg only covered some channels.

Doc et all, thanks for that I'll give it a go.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

For those with DVB-T someone on Alan Birtle's forum posted a useful link:

http://www.geocities.com/pclareuk/DVBGuide/

This grabs the EPG from your DVB-T tuner and writes it to an xmltv xml file. Worth using if you still want to continue to a particular XMLTV importer for ordering channels etc.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner View Post
For those with DVB-T someone on Alan Birtle's forum posted a useful link:
http://www.geocities.com/pclareuk/DVBGuide/
This grabs the EPG from your DVB-T tuner and writes it to an xmltv xml file.
I'm using this as a stopgap now. Seems to be okay, but I had to change all the channel IDs to match the RT ones, a PITA. Doesn't cover all my cable channels, doesn't have repeat information, but is usable.

Does anyone know how easy it is to set up the RT Grabber to use BLEB and assign the old RT channel numbers?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 01-02-2008, 03:04 AM
Sage Expert

BTW - I had a quick read of the Radio Times forums and they are very much aware of the problem and claim to be 'working on it' :-)

Cheers
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

Yeehar - its back

but how long for......
Old 01-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Can no longer view the contents in a web browser, but the grabber gets it okay...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm only getting data up until 2008/01/01 i.e. yesterday

edit: all working now - for some reason deleting the cache got me going on the latest epg data.

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 01-02-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: All working now :D
Old 01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's because I spent two hours moving across to Bleb last night! Well, the good news is that I also got ready for the radio times when i get back home. I have the latest free to air sky channel line up all ready and waiting!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
I have the latest free to air sky channel line up all ready and waiting!
What channels would they be? I'm looking for all Zone channels, true movies, pop channels and Xleauge TV.

Just put mine back to RT xmltv and it so much better than over-the-air, thanks for the heads up

Last edited by jaminben; 01-02-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Sage Expert

I think RT purposely break it every 6 months so make people appreciate the free service :-)
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,