SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Sage User

EPG data disappears

I have my tuners setup and they work fine, however after i added all my recording schedules, everything seemed ok, when I shutdown sageTV and rebooted and it came back up i noticed all my schedules were gone, so i tried to set them back up, and couldnt find any shows i noticed the EPG data was gone. So I did the force EPG update, and all the data came back, but when i shutdown sageTV and started it back up it was gone again.

So I removed the sources and readded them, redid the force EPG stuff same thing. I tried removing the lines from my sage.properties, and it redownloaded and reasked for zip and i rechose the channel lineup, all was ok, shutdown sage and started back up and EPG data is missing again.

one note I do know that our cable provider is changing some of the channels in our lineup today or yesterday, not sure if that had some effect.

Zip is 33771
lineup is Bright House Networks South Pinellas - Largo
and i am using extended basic cable

Any ideas why my guide data will not save???
Old 12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator

What SageTV version are you using, and are you using Vista? For Vista, see this FAQ for possible issues trying to get the properties file saved.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Sage User

Windows Xp

Using Windows XP and SageTV MC version 6.3.5.159

Sorry for not including that.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Make sure you are doing the setup using the default STV.

It sounds like the properties file or database isn't being saved; if that is it, I don't know what would cause that issue in XP.

I would check with support to see if they know what is happening.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Make sure you are doing the setup using the default STV.

It sounds like the properties file or database isn't being saved; if that is it, I don't know what would cause that issue in XP.

I would check with support to see if they know what is happening.

- Andy
Thanks, unfortunately i am having this issue during initial setup, before i do anything in Sage, i dont import any stv/stvi's, didnt even open the hidden options this time. I didnt even change any settings. I emailed support, was hoping maybe someone already dealt with this issue though. The weird thing is The very first time I setup SageTV, that was working fine on Monday, had some other issues with tuner cards and decided maybe i muddled too much, and reloaded my OS on Monday and it basically was not working on Tuesday, which prompted the reinstall of sage a couple times now and it is still doing the same thing.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Sage User

Update

I reloaded my OS and I still had the same problem, i loaded the os, installed all my drivers, installed sage, no channel data from the get go, go in an dremove and readd channel and the list populates and as soon as I shut down sage and reopen it, all my channel data is gone. I have sent email to official tech support, but this is really weird that even after a complete install this happens.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Sage User

OK I think I have narrowed it down!!!

I think the problems are stemming from a corrupt wiz.bin, i noticed I had like 20 of them, it is getting corrupt every time i start sage. I have been trying to figure this problem out while at work so I am remoting into my machine. Everytime I start sage from remote desktop, I get this message that says sage will not display that well please change settings to 24 or 32 bit. I changed my RD settings and they are on 32 bit, however when i look at the local driver settings they are at 16, i notice at this moment when sage starts i get a new corrupt wiz.bin so I am not sure if the display message is causing the problem or if its coincidence that something else at that moment is causing it??
Old 12-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Administrator

See if a debug log has more info about it, but yes wiz.bin is the database, so if that is corrupt then you will lose all the info.

- Andy
Old 12-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Sage User

I ran the debug

it seems the corrupt wiz.bin only happens after i add a recording schedule, now i cannot get it to go away even if i have no recordings scheduled, i just reinstalled sage, tested the TV, got the guide data, restarted it fine, then i tried to add a scheduled recording, restarted sage, got the corrupt file, ran debug, but have no idea what i should be looking for???

Here are some maybe significant lines??

Thu 12/13 17:05:33.350 EPG Expanding Bright House Networks South Pinellas - Largo at Thu 12/13 17:05:33.350
Thu 12/13 17:05:33.472 WIN32 FAILURE HR=0x80040207 FILE=.\GraphManager.cpp LINE=58
Thu 12/13 17:05:36.066 EventThread-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI Hang Detected - hang time = 1483
Thu 12/13 17:05:36.814 Themed image: Found "MaloreNormalBG.png" in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\Themes\Standard SDTV
Thu 12/13 17:05:36.816 EventThread-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI Hang Detected - hang time = 2233
Thu 12/13 17:07:24.981 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=1948||VH1|VH1|||||||||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.037 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2092||NewsHour|NEWSHOUR|PBS||||||||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.038 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2094||Guys Next Door|GUYS NEXT DOOR|||||||||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.452 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2685||Rainbow|RAINBOW|||||||||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.470 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2742||Race Around the World|RACE AROUND THE WORLD|||||||||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.587 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2906||The Brian Keith Show|BRIAN KEITH SHOW, THE|||||||||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.612 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2928||ABC Thursday Night Movie|ABC THURSDAY NIGHT MOVIE|ABC|In this coveted time slot, ABC presents various theatrical and made-for-television movies.|Seated against NBC's "Must See TV," ABC's Thursday Night Movie hopes to capture a different audience that will tune into various made-for-television movies starring an array of celebrities.|1998-09-24||Thursday|08:00am||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.665 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2945||Thursday Night at the Movies|THURSDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES|UPN|For its first attempt at programming Thursday, UPN showcases a weekly two hour sci-fi Thursday night movie. These sci-fi flicks offer a more sexy, rock 'n' roll style to the traditional sci-fi fan.|Seated against NBC's "Must See TV," UPN's Way Out There Movie hopes to capture a different audience that will tune into sci-fi action. It also marks the first time UPN has programmed Thursday night.|1998-10-08||Thursday|08:00am||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.665 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2946||CBS Tuesday Movie|CBS TUESDAY MOVIE|CBS|CBS showcases a variety of made-for-television movies featuring an array of celebrities.|CBS enjoyed such long-standing success of the Sunday Night Movie, the network decided to expand its movie programming to Tuesday.|||Tuesday|09:00am||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.672 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2950||Feelin' All Right|FEELIN' ALL RIGHT|FOX|Set in the mood ring and polyester era of the '70s, "Feelin' All Right" is a retro-hip situation comedy about an eclectic group of friends on the verge of young adulthood. They live in the rural suburbs of Wisconsin, where they yearn for independence and do their best to prove that they are "feelin' all right."|."||||||
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.766 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=2993||NBC Sunday Night Movie|NBC SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIE|NBC|NBC showcases a variety of made-for-television movies featuring an array of celebrities.|This season, NBC will feature both historical epics and modern dramas. Among the expected movies to air this season are "Crime and Punishment," based on the famous novel, and "Exiled," a spin-off from NBC's hit series "Law & Order."|||Sunday|09:00am||Boyd|Lynda|Darla Mohr|Cuthbert|Jon|Vicennes|Dacascos|Marc|Eric Draven|Dreyfus|Julie|India Reyes|Gomes|Marc|Detective Daryl Albrecht|Karsenti|Sabine|Shelly Webster|Pyper-Ferguson|John|Top Dollar|Stuart|Katie|Sarah Mohr|Tiernam|Michael|Frank Voz|
Thu 12/13 17:07:25.773 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=3005||Concentration|CONCENTRATION|||||||||
Thu 12/13 17:07:27.953 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=3843||Athens|ATHENS|FOX|The creator of "The O.C." turns his attention from the lives of high school students in California to college students in New England. Just as Newport Beach may as well be 100 miles from Chino, the gap between the students and teachers at a prestigious university and the local townies is equally vast.|To premiere January 2005. Produced by Josh Schwartz, Bob DeLaurentis, McG and Stephanie Savage.|||Monday|08:00pm|http://images.zap2it.com/20040520/joshschwartz_athens_240.jpg|
Thu 12/13 17:07:30.948 ERROR w/ EPG data formatting for series ID:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" data=4613||Meet My Folks|MEET MY FOLKS|MyNetwork TV|Watching the Ben Stiller movie comedy "Meet the Parents" is a barrel of laughs, but finding yourself living it? Not so funny. In this new relationship show, prospective boyfriends are put to a series of tests and interrogations by the girl's parents in order to prove themselves worthy of dating daddy's little princess. And the folks actually do have veto power if they don't find the guy up to snuff.||2007-09-12||Wednesday|09:00pm||
Thu 12/13 17:07:31.482 Saving properties file to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.properties
Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Well, there sure seems to be some errors listed, but I don't think I can do anything about those. You should file a support request, but don't email the log unless/until they ask for it... though I would be tempted to include just one of those "NumberFormatException" lines as an example.

- Andy
Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Sage Expert

Since this is a new build, have you updated your JAVA to the latest version?