SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

EPG data for "non-local" channels

I am able to pull in some OTA channels from a nearby city. Those channels show up with the correct call letters when I scan for channels during the tuner setup. However, no EPG data is pulled for them. I do see the channels show up (with EPG data) on the Zap2It web site when I enter my zip code. How do I get SageTV to pick up that EPG data? Do I have to remove the channel, wait for EPG update, then manually add the channel?
Old 08-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

You need to use the xmltv program to do this.

There's an updated howto for it that explains it in detail, it's somewhat intimidating at first but it's the only way to do it.

What you're going to do is setup your zap2it account and select the channels you want, then possibly use multiple downloads of the data to get what you want.

It will work fine that way.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

I would submit a support request before going through the hassle of setting up xmltv. My suggestion would have been to see if a different zip code had the lineup you want, but since both the zap2it site shows the channels for your zip code and the tuner setup lists them, it would seem like a problem on SageTV's end.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm just saving him the trouble, I've done the support request and the answer boiled down to wait for the next release, this one does not support that.

So, I went the xmltv route because it can be done there. As you hinted at it's not exactly an easy route the first time, but it does work.

For what it's worth, George did try to help and after he understood what I wanted he asked the developers how to do it and they said the underlying code did not support this. There are other posts to the same effect here as well. Next release...

For what it's worth I'd do the support request anyhow as that lets them know there is a need to get this implemented asap and the more of us that ask for it the better the odds are we'll get it.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

OK, thanks. If it's anything more than a small change I'll do without. I'm not supposed to be tinkering with the TV anymore. But I will make a support request.