SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 AM

Using TVTV in Belgium - is it at all possible

Setting up a channel lineup for a video source using TVTV is really a PITA.

What I want to achieve is have about 10 channels configured, and linked to tvtv to retrieve program guide data for scheduling recording and so on.

I'm following all steps in the user manual, and I'm now stuck with a channel lineup with about a zillion disabled channels, about 40 enabled channels, but then linked to the wrong tvtv channel.

Trying to remap these channels is next to impossible for me because

- It's unclear what the difference is between a logical and a physical channel
- It's unclear if you map a channel to a name or a name to a channel
- scrolling through the list is taking ages

The fact I'm struggling with it is probably because I don't understand the concept behind it. So after browsing through the forums, the documentation I'm stuck.

Is there a straightforward way to get this channel lineup configured ?

Thanks for any hints, links ...

Francis
Old 10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Francis,

I'll try to give you some pointers but I don't use tvtv. Back when I started using SageTV the only option was xmltv.

The way I look at physical and logical channel numbers is this:
The logical channel number is the number that a channel gets in SageTV's guide. This is like the number you press on your tv's remote to switch to a particular channel. The physical channel number is the information that is send to the tuner card. Actually the windows registry contains a list of channel numbers and their corresponding frequency. It's that frequency that is used to tune the channel.

If your cable company transmits for instance één on channel 11, the physical channel number for één has to be mapped to 11. If you want it to be the first channel in the guide you have to map the logical channel number to 1.

I hope this makes these settings a little clearer.

Kris.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

To make Scrolling thro the list easier: sort by channel name, then tap a key to go the the channel starting with that letter.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Sage User

I am trying to use tvtv in the UK.

I appears to download all the european channels covered by their online EPG.

It then uses the downloaded channel freq. to match up with your local transmitter and if it finds a signal ties it to the channel. I think this bit actually works if you have the right frequencies setup in the .frq listing under SageTV. I checked each channel and the link up was correct.

It does not seem to link the downloaded epg content (under tvtv under SageTV) with the epg screen correctly. I have a mix of:

* Some logos - no data.
* No logos - no data.
* Some logos - some data.

Where I have logos and data, it is correct.

I have a couple of support calls out - one to SageTV and one to tvtv, so watch this space.

Chris

Old 10-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuntrading View Post
I am trying to use tvtv in the UK.

I appears to download all the european channels covered by their online EPG.

It then uses the downloaded channel freq. to match up with your local transmitter and if it finds a signal ties it to the channel. I think this bit actually works if you have the right frequencies setup in the .frq listing under SageTV. I checked each channel and the link up was correct.

It does not seem to link the downloaded epg content (under tvtv under SageTV) with the epg screen correctly. I have a mix of:

* Some logos - no data.
* No logos - no data.
* Some logos - some data.

Where I have logos and data, it is correct.

I have a couple of support calls out - one to SageTV and one to tvtv, so watch this space.

Chris

You may want to try the Radio Times xmltv data - as far as i know this is the best option for UK EPG. The TVTV guide quality is not as good.

The two components you would need are the xmltv grabber:

http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/

and a Sage xmltv importer - Stephane's is very cool:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17566

It may seem a bit fiddly to get this up and running but it is much better solution than TvTv.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:23 AM

Hé thanks for answering.

I have not been looking at this for the month - and now my trial license has expired ...

I have been trying beyondtv, and sagetv.
Both are not working as it should.

This software is still too geeky for an average computer user.

Francis
Old 11-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Francis,

Don't give up because once it's configured, SageTV is really nice to use.
I used it for years (sice version 1 actually) and it's has always been working fine. Unfortunatly, I moved to Vista & to digital cable, and I now have some troubles but if I can't find a solution in the forum, the support at SageTV is really good so I'll ask them for some help. So if you are using XP, it should work really fine.

Ferdinand

PS: you may leave a private message with your e-mail and may be I can help you.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Sage User

Say, is anyone else having massive problems with TVTV right now?

My account is fine, but I can't get any program information and when I try to repeat setup I can't even get the channels downloaded. Seems like TVTV's website my be down.

In my experience, TVTV is one of the most infuriating "services" I've ever encountered. Wish I'd gone the xmltv route - at least I'd be getting my frustration for free!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

it seems to be working for me...
Old 12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSpace View Post
Francis,

Unfortunatly, I moved to Vista & to digital cable, and I now have some troubles but if I can't find a solution in the forum, the support at SageTV is really good so I'll ask them for some help.
It's working !! I posted a thread 2 days ago with my problem and I got a message from SageTV support for more info. Inbetween, I found the solution. So, as you can see, SageTV support is really good!!!! That's also the reason why I like SageTV!!!