SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Sage Icon

Wrong disk space displayed in system info

Newly setup Sage 6.
Has one recordings directory: V:\SageRecordings

Sage's System Information displays grossly wrong numbers, why?

"Used Video Disk Space:" 51.7GB. MS Explorer says the folder contains 181GB

Two possible causes

1. Wiz.bin was copied from another Sage (v5) PC and the video files from 3 D:, E: and F: on the other PC were copied to V:SageRecordings. Then D:, E: and F: were disconnected. At this point, Wiz.bin seemed OK and all the recordings seemed to be consolidated in V:SageRecordings. But could the database be inconsistent causing the wrong numbers, above? Or are the numbers, above, calculated in some other manner than via wiz.bin?

2. V: is a RAID 1 mirror in hardware. Transparent to applications. MS Explorer has the correct numbers. The RAID pair has two partitions: V: which is about 450GB and C: which is about 50GB. Unlikely, but could this be the cause?

Last edited by stevech; 09-15-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had the same problem after a clean install. Turned out that I had used a non-UNC path (V:\....) for the recording directory in the previous install but in the new I had specified a UNC path.

When I changed the path back to v:\... the problem went away.

I hope you can use this info.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 09-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am not 100% certain what Sage displays as used disk space, but if it does not include partial recordings that exists on the drive that could account for the difference. I know it did comparing with the web server program for me.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad View Post
I had the same problem after a clean install. Turned out that I had used a non-UNC path (V:\....) for the recording directory in the previous install but in the new I had specified a UNC path.

When I changed the path back to v:\... the problem went away.

I hope you can use this info.

rtengvad
thanks - I haven't used UNC paths so I'm still stumped.

Also, the discrepancy is much too large to be caused by partial recordings.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Any of your recordings showing up in imported videos?

The used disk space portion is all disk space used by Sage recordings, no matter where they are on the disk.