SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Sage User

Can't download Zap2it EPG anymore...

Has anyone here been able to download the EPG data fron zap2it lately? I started getting more and more "No Data" in the TV listings, and this morning, when I try to force a new connection... NOTHING! It's "No data" across the board!

I've tried turning off my firewall, checking my connection (the internet's fine), making sure I have the right java version and as a last resort I've uninstalled SageTV, cleaned out the registry, and re-installed. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I can't even get the list of cable providers during setup. It's like SageTV won't even TRY to connect with zap2it, there won't even be a log file created for me to check.

I tried installing Zap2it on another computer, same thing - so obviously it can't be something I changed on my machine.

I'm using version 2.2, and all I get from Sage TV support is "Upgrade to version 6!". But this version was working fine for the past year, and now it just "broke".

Am I going crazy here thinking I'm the only person in the world experiencing this?
Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedlunch451 View Post
Has anyone here been able to download the EPG data fron zap2it lately? I started getting more and more "No Data" in the TV listings, and this morning, when I try to force a new connection... NOTHING! It's "No data" across the board!

I've tried turning off my firewall, checking my connection (the internet's fine), making sure I have the right java version and as a last resort I've uninstalled SageTV, cleaned out the registry, and re-installed. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I can't even get the list of cable providers during setup. It's like SageTV won't even TRY to connect with zap2it, there won't even be a log file created for me to check.
Fixed the problem by uninstalling and re-installing java. Now all works as before, using DigiCasa's plugin.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Hello,

I have the exact same problem, everything was working great until recently.
What version of java did you install?

Regards

Karl