SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

No schedule Recordings in display. Sage dead in water..help

SageTV V6.1.4 Release Candidate
V6.1.4 was working great since I install it 4 days ago.......................But Now

Woke up this AM to find that none of my Schedule Recordings overnight recorded. Thinking "hoping" it was something sample I checked my server
to find my Schedule Recording display is empty I have over 100 of favorites in my favorites manager and my wife has over a dozen of manual recording set for Sunday "she is not a happy camper" Yet my Schedule Recording display is empty ................Help

I done a clean re-install of SageTV V6.1.4, but I still have zero shows to record in the next 48 hours and a empty schedule recording display. . Can someone point me in the right direction.

And I just last week finally talked my wife in retiring her two Replaytv's and start using "My" sage. My name is mud right now

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 03-18-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

Are you running windows? Can you find a suitable system restore point?
Old 03-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

I may give that a shot if nothing else works. Got family guest so can't work on it now

thx
Old 03-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Sage

If you've got your scheduling_lookahead set to something beyond the default then reset it to the default of 3 days. (just delete it from the properties file)
Old 03-18-2007, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I also had this problem once after a tuner driver upgrade to a beta version: They worked until a reboot a week later, after which Sage could not see them and so the sources were unusable.. Try going into source setup and color calibration to see if the tuners are there, recognised and working...

(my workaround was to re-install the older working driver versions)
Old 03-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've seen this a few times, and each time it was because SageTV was using 100% of the CPU. The only fix I've found is to reboot, wait about 5 minutes (to see if the CPU usage goes down). If it does not, reboot again and start over. Eventually SageTV will get over whatever it's roadblock is, and scheduling will happen again.
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for all the help.
I got the schedule Recordings back but it's still not acting right. Some of my favorites just refuse to record. ie:last night Battlestar Galactic did not record at 10:00 or 1200 because of conflicts, even though I "tried" canceling the conflicting shows. But at least it's usable "if" there is no conflict. so major overhaul can wait until my day off.

After multiply uninstalls and re-installs, I think a install with a fresh wiz.bin and sage.prop is my only out. yeah I will lose my recordings but at this point I feel I have no choice. This will teach me not to play with beta's when I had a very very very stable version of sage going for me

Oh I fear we lost my wife as a sage convert, I been ordered to unbox her replaytv's and place them back into service

thanks again

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 03-19-2007 at 05:56 PM.