SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I need help.

I'm running a 5x server w/ 5x clients. All machines have had the Microsoft fix and been updated to Java 6, and all machines have been rebooted.

Server seems to work fine.

All clients continue to gain an hour, and if manually corrected, they won't let me watch "live" TV, claiming the show is over & was not recorded.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedgington View Post
OK, I need help.

I'm running a 5x server w/ 5x clients. All machines have had the Microsoft fix and been updated to Java 6, and all machines have been rebooted.

All clients continue to gain an hour, and if manually corrected, they won't let me watch "live" TV, claiming the show is over & was not recorded.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Wild guess. Did you uninstall the prior version of Java? I think only the most current it supposed to run, but the older versions do stay on the machine until uninstalled.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sounded like a good idea, but no worky.

Watching live TV works on the server, but both clients are giving the "past time/show not recorded" error.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

DST still has my system jacked, need help

Server & client running Sage 5.04 & JRE 6. Old JRE was uninstalled, all systems rebooted.

Server appears to be fine, time is OK, recording fine, & I can watch Live TV via EPG selection.

None of my clients can watch Live TV or via EPG selection. I either get "This program has not started" or "This program is over & was not recorded."

Tried a fresh install of the client on my main client; Sage jumped forward an hour. I shut down Sage, reset the time, restarted Sage, and got the same errors.

My wife is fuming. We're seriously on the bring of going to MCE.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Administrator

I merged all your recent posts on the issue so it is easier to follow in one place. If your client PCs have Windows and Java both updated, then I'm not sure what else could be causing it. The Windows time zone and DST settings are correct on those PCs? Are you in Indiana? Did you try setting the clients not to sync the system clock with the SageTV server?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Administrator

BTW: the only other info I can find is:

1) Go to the MS Windows Update site and double check that the DST fix is actually installed.

2) For Java, double check which version is actually in use by checking the registry entries for it on your client PCs.

Look at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion

That will give you the version it is using.

Then check:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\(whatever the value in CurrentVersion was)

The values listed there should point to the location of the version of Java that is in use.

Make sure all these versions point to 1.6, since that is the version you said is now installed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm in Houston, TX (CST).

MS DST fix is installed. Reinstalling it gives the "already updated" error.

HKLM keys are correct.

Both server & clients are set to *not* sync.

I am now only getting the "Show has not started" error.

???
Old 03-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had the same problem. I had to uninstall the MS DST fix and then reinstall it. The trick is to select show patches in the install-uninstall management tool.

Quote:
I'm in Houston, TX (CST).

MS DST fix is installed. Reinstalling it gives the "already updated" error.

HKLM keys are correct.

Both server & clients are set to *not* sync.

I am now only getting the "Show has not started" error.

???
Old 03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, I need help.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Did you also boot into BIOS and check the time setting there?

If you set your calendar before March 11th or after April 8th, is the time still off by one hour?

Dave
Old 03-18-2007, 03:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, I need help.

Thoughts, suggestions?
This suggests to me that the clients think that they are in a different time zone to the server... So even if the 'local' time on the clients is correct, because of the different time zone, the clients think that they are 1hr ahead of the server.

This is probably why when you sync the local time gets reset.

The only suggestion I have is to check that the TZ settings in Windows are identical on both client and server systems, check that the patches are installed in Windows and Java on both systems.

To narrow things down a bit, This web page will tell you what time + GMT offset Windows thinks it is, check that the TZ offset is correct -- if so, then your problem is with Java, otherwise it is with Windows...
Old 03-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Update: apparently the bedroom client is working. My wife had said it wasn't, so I never checked... and it is.

So I definitely think it's that particular PC (main TV) that's got an issue.

I uninstalled & reinstalled the MS patch.

Next try is the BIOS, excellent suggestion, btw...