SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:27 AM

MCE remote transmitting keypresses twice

I purchased an MCE IR remote and blaster to go with my Sage TV setup. I started first with configuring Sage to use the MCE IR remote functionality only to control Sage using the remote. The remote control functionality worked fine at this stage, with keypresses being sent only once and I was able to successfully navigate Sage using my remote.

Now I also wanted to change channels on my STB using the supplied MCE IR blasters. So I followed the instructions on this link

Using MCE's IR blaster with Sage

And after some trial and error was able to successfully blast IR changes to my STB using the supplied blasters and HIP. Phew!

Now the weird thing is that when I try to use my remote to control Sage, all my keypresses seem to be sent twice. For example, when I press the down arrow on the program guide it scrolls down two channels. This behavior started ocurring just after I configured the IR blasters and the remote would work normally before that.

Any clues what could be going on here?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabbiswas
I purchased an MCE IR remote and blaster to go with my Sage TV setup. I started first with configuring Sage to use the MCE IR remote functionality only to control Sage using the remote. The remote control functionality worked fine at this stage, with keypresses being sent only once and I was able to successfully navigate Sage using my remote.

Now I also wanted to change channels on my STB using the supplied MCE IR blasters. So I followed the instructions on this link

Using MCE's IR blaster with Sage

And after some trial and error was able to successfully blast IR changes to my STB using the supplied blasters and HIP. Phew!

Now the weird thing is that when I try to use my remote to control Sage, all my keypresses seem to be sent twice. For example, when I press the down arrow on the program guide it scrolls down two channels. This behavior started ocurring just after I configured the IR blasters and the remote would work normally before that.

Any clues what could be going on here?
Yup,
I was under the impression that MCE remote now works natively in sage and doesn't need HiP.

Even if you have a version of sage for which this isn't true, some buttons, like the arrow keys will work since they're just seen as keyboard presses. If you use HiP as well, then sage will see the original keyboard press AND the triggered command from HiP.

The cure is either to use a version of Sage that natively supports the MCE remote which I think is V5 and up, replace the drivers with ones that don't pretend to be a keyboard, or unmap the keys in HiP that are doubling up.

http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm