SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5884
Doctor Who did not record last night. Seems to be something up with the EPG info or the Farvorites Manager.
Since I've been running v5 I don't think I've missed a recording of a favorite. If a weekly show doesn't come up in the schedule I go through the guide just to make sure. Dr Who recorded last night on mine. I wonder if Sci-Fi will resurrect the old series I used to watch way back when.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Sage User

PVR-350

Does sage 6 support DVD playback through the PVR-350. Does it convert it like it does when using the mvp?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I doubt it, the PVR350's problem is that it's limited in what it allows to playback with the S video out. That's not a software limitation of Sage, it's a limitation of the card.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dr. Who recorded for me, it wasn't as good an episode as usual IMO but still it's Dr. Who and the best tv show around due to that fact.

I'd guess you had some sort of conflict that preempted the recording of those shows, I also got BG but haven't watched it yet.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66
What I discovered is that FSE is not reenabling correctly. If something takes the focus away when you bring Sage back you'll get stuttering.
Apparantly, cancelling FSE and reverting to 'non-exclusive' Full Screen VMR9 on focus loss is by design, not a bug (I reported it a long time ago on V3 or v4
Quote:
You have to exit the program and restart it before it takes back FSE.
Or disable and re-enable fullscreen also works for me
Old 12-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just completed a reinstall of XP on my computer to get rid of nagging driver and corruption problems... I deleted everything in the sage directory except for wiz.* and the logo folder.

Noticed the following with a direct install of 6.0.17 RC2...

1. MVP will not load until I drop the windows firewall. I seem to recall being asked on previous installs if I wanted sage to configure the firewall, if it asked this time I missed it. I will configure it manually, but would rather have sage do it for me

2. Booted the MVP and discovered it had the same STV as the server (SageMC) with all the items I added to the server. In the past, that never happened. Again, not a biggie but thought I should mention it here.

Posting here in case it helps someone, and wondering it I should post a bug report.

Larry
Old 12-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

Notes from the Music section:

1) RC2 fixed a problem where Sage would display a "square" character in place of certain unicode characters such as è or ö.

2) Speed has increased but with 20,000 + tracks in 1700+ albums I still see the spinning icon too much. I'm afraid that it will slow down even more when my entire collection is finally loaded (~ 100,000 tracks, 9000+ albums)

3) I am in the process of tweaking the WMA tags. When I find some that need fixing I remove the music import directories and fix the tag in WMP. Then add the import directories back, refresh imported media and check the tags. Rinse and repeat until done. I have a single track that is never removed from the music section after removing the import directory. I have even removed the file from the hard drive and refreshed over and over but the track sticks no matter what. (This has happened in all the v6 betas and is probably something wrong with wiz.bin rather than a beta issue)

4) Feature request: Ignore the word "The" if it starts an artist name. For example, "The Doors" should be sorted under the D's instead of the T's and "The Rolling Stones" should be sorted under the R's.

Scott
Old 12-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf

1. MVP will not load until I drop the windows firewall. I seem to recall being asked on previous installs if I wanted sage to configure the firewall, if it asked this time I missed it. I will configure it manually, but would rather have sage do it for me

Larry
Larry, you must have missed it. It asked me.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Apparantly, cancelling FSE and reverting to 'non-exclusive' Full Screen VMR9 on focus loss is by design
It's odd, but as far as I know I never had problems with V5 doing this. The flags they added might work, when I watch tv tomorrow I'll enable the flag in the properties file so it won't give up FSE and that should solve my problems.

Thanks for the tips on how to do it without restarting Sage, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66
I doubt it, the PVR350's problem is that it's limited in what it allows to playback with the S video out. That's not a software limitation of Sage, it's a limitation of the card.
It should be possible if the 350 can play unencrypted VOBs, but Id guess Sage isn't looking to put much if any effort to improve 350 support given the problems with the drivers. I don't know why anyone would want to use a 350 over an MVP anyway, given you lose most of PC advantages when using the svideo out on the 350.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofDeth
It should be possible if the 350 can play unencrypted VOBs,
Except the 350 can't handle AC3 audio.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Except the 350 can't handle AC3 audio.
Neither can the MVP...Sage transcodes it to the MVP. Could Sage do the same for the 350?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm still seeing very high CPU usage from SageTVTranscoder.exe when watching live HD TV on a standard client. The process still sucks up great gobs of CPU even when I stop playback, and even when I suspend SageClient. Why is the Transcoder even being used here?

I'm confused....

Andy.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the same issue. I did get this to stop on one client by correctly configuring AC3 fileter but the question is why does this cause transcoder to kick in on a regular client.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Sage Expert

Service Mode still a bit flaky

I didn't have a problem with Service Mode until I installed Placeshifter on a new laptop; I got a used Portege R100 off ebay. It's not a powerhouse, and so when I was running Placeshifter using SageTV Service on my LAN, I was disappointed that the video was so choppy. However, when I ran SageTV as the app on my server (not in service mode), the video worked great.

I have not tried PlaceShifter across the Internet yet, but I would be willing to bet that the problems go away. I'm using a vbscript to check the app every minute and restart it if it's not running; so far so good.

Hope that helps somebody.
Stu

'*****************************************
'Name: IsAppRunning.vbs
'By Harvey ColWell
'July 2002

'Modified by Stuart R Ainsworth
'December 2006
'*****************************************
Option Explicit

Dim oWS
Dim sAppName, sAppExe
Dim sRestart, sFailStart

SET oWS = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

sAppName = "SageTV"
sAppExe = CHR(34) & "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV.exe" & CHR(34)

sRestart = sAppName + " was stopped: Started Successfully!"
sFailStart = sAppName + " was stopped: Could not Restart!"

'On Error Resume Next

If Not oWS.AppActivate(sAppName) Then
oWS.Run sAppExe,1, False
WScript.Sleep 4000
If oWS.AppActivate(sAppName) Then
oWS.LogEvent 2, sRestart
Else
oWS.LogEvent 1, sFailStart
End If
End If

Set oWS = Nothing
Wscript.Quit
Old 12-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Sage Expert

Anyone still having service mode startup hangs? I'm getting these. However, if I set it to manual...and login and manually start the service, no problem. I even tried setting the automatically starting service to depend on some later starting services (Computer Browser) and found no joy.

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2006, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope and with the latest RC and Java 6 the service appears to start MUCH faster.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Choosing incorrect audio stream

I've filed bugs about this, and I just want to hear feedback from other users. Since about 6.0.14, I've had problems with SageTV choosing the incorrect audio stream. Currently with 6.0.17, it will often play a soundtrack that includes a narrator who describes all onscreen activity, presumably for the visually impaired. This happens consistently with programming from PBS and also frequently with programming from Fox. At least with 6.0.17, I can manually switch to another audio stream to hear the normal soundtrack. In previous versions, this would either fail or require a sleep/reload to work.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage Installer still overwriting a newer ac3filter

With the v6.0.17 it happened again:

I had ac3filter v.1.11 installed and working on my system, and SageTV installer overwrote it with some old version, 1.0.1 from 2004. I had to go back and reinstall the ac3filter.

That's annoying. Is it really that hard to check for versions?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Sage User

Unable to change channel

Unable to change channel from Sage.

Issue occurs with 5.x and current beta.

All latest drivers. Can tune manually with ivtv-tune, so issue is with Sage.

Logs posted here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21953