SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-09-2004, 01:20 PM
SageTV Support

SageTV 2.2.2 Beta

Is available for download.

http://www.sage.tv/beta.html

SageTV:
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V2_2_2BetaSetup.exe

SageTV Client:
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient...2BetaSetup.exe

SageTV 2.2.2 Release notes:

1. Performance enhancements
2. Fixed issues with IR receivers not working after coming out of standby
3. Added 'transparency' when using the 2D renderer with Overlay.
4. Fixed PVR-350 OSD not working after standby
5. Fixed bug where having too much negative favorite padding would cause the recorded file to be deleted immediately.
6. Fixed a few library importing bugs
7. Files imported into the library that are named like a SageTV recorded video and still have their EPG data in the database will have their metadata recovered and displayed in the UI.
8. Fixed bug where re-imported files were deleted immediately if they had old EPG data
Old 12-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagesupport
3. Added 'transparency' when using the 2D renderer with Overlay.
So... has anyone who doesn't really want to use VMR9 but likes the semi-transparent OSD during playback noticed that there is now a built-in 'semi-transparent' OSD when using Overlay with Color Keying enabled?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

it doesn't seem to work using sageMCE stv?
Old 12-12-2004, 01:43 PM

SageTV 2.2.2 Beta

No transparency using overlay in my version of 2.2.2.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Did you enable Overlay Color Keying in Detailed Setup -> Advanced? I also just noticed that enabling 3D Acceleration there killed the overlay transparency style.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

ahh i'll try again with no 3d acceleration.

BTW - can you give me a quick pointer on the hauppauge remote?

the back/exit button on the older silver remote only seems to work for me as an "exit" button. when using mlbdude's sageMC stv how can i enable that button to be recognized as a "back" button?

ie. rather than it cycling back through the individual menus it instead dumps me back to where i began or back to live tv so to navigate i have to go back to the main menu and through each one again.

basically i just want that button to act like the vol- button would normally work to go backward in all the other stv's.

thanks, nick.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

ok it works now with 3d accel off.

looks ok actually - not vmr9 but not bad! does make things a little sluggish with bringing up the UI though but i suppose that is to be expected.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole

the back/exit button on the older silver remote only seems to work for me as an "exit" button. when using mlbdude's sageMC stv how can i enable that button to be recognized as a "back" button?

ie. rather than it cycling back through the individual menus it instead dumps me back to where i began or back to live tv so to navigate i have to go back to the main menu and through each one again.
It sounds like the button is assigned the TV command, which is its default setting. As long as the commands aren't used differently in that STV, you should be able to simply assign the Back command to that button... if it sends keystrokes, simply go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link Command & assign it to the Back command; if it sends event codes as Windows messages in the irremote.ini file, use event code #75. (#76 is Forward, btw.)

- Andy
Old 12-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole

basically i just want that button to act like the vol- button would normally work to go backward in all the other stv's.

thanks, nick.
In irremote.ini, under the [SageTV] section, I changed BACK to the following:

BACK={alt}{left}

I also did that for the red button since it's been accidentally pressed before causing shows to be set to "Don't Like," something I'd prefer to do manually.. and it's closer to the arrow buttons anyway.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

thanks andy that did the trick. the event code was set to 15, changed it to 75 and all is good now - one less thing to bother mlbdude with at least
Old 12-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
This version doesn't fix the freezing. When fast forwarding sometimes, I still get freezes that only a ctrl-alt-del will fix. 2.0 was solid.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar
This version doesn't fix the freezing. When fast forwarding sometimes, I still get freezes that only a ctrl-alt-del will fix. 2.0 was solid.
What decoder are you using?
Old 12-19-2004, 02:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Okay - now don't laugh guys - but can you remind me again how to enable 3d acceleration with my nVidia GeForce4 440MX using the newest nVidia codecs? .. I see the see-thru overlay now, so I know it's not enabled from what you are saying, so I'd like to see the performance if I were to enable it
Old 12-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
can you remind me again how to enable 3d acceleration
Setup > Detailed Setup > 3D Acceleration
Sage v7.0.16, Win7 Ultimate, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD X2 3800+ Dual Core, 2GB PC3200, 2 x HD-PVR, 2 x Motorola DCT6200, HDHomeRun w/ QAM, USB-UIRT, Seagate 250GB PATA (system), WD 2TB (recordings), Gigabyte 6600GT fanless, HD300 extender
Old 12-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

Detailed Setup->Advanced->3D Acceleration
Old 12-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oops, thanks for the correction. Typed too fast.
Sage v7.0.16, Win7 Ultimate, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD X2 3800+ Dual Core, 2GB PC3200, 2 x HD-PVR, 2 x Motorola DCT6200, HDHomeRun w/ QAM, USB-UIRT, Seagate 250GB PATA (system), WD 2TB (recordings), Gigabyte 6600GT fanless, HD300 extender
Old 12-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Sage Icon

Using Sage Decoders locks up Sage

Finally installed 2.2.2 beta becuase everyone said it would solve a bunch of problems, namely video stuttering.

First off, video stuttering is still there. It's just as subtle as it was under 2.1 but still very annoying!

The biggest for me is if you switch to the Sage Decoders on either audio or video, it will lock up Sage, both on server mode or client mode.

This happened on two different PCs (server and client).

It sure doesn't sound like others are having this problem....

Stacy
Old 12-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
I had this problem too but it was pretty low on my list of priorities to worry about.

t
Old 12-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Which problem? The stuttering or the lockup using Sage Decoder?
Old 12-22-2004, 06:30 PM
Administrator

If you are running into problems, don't forget about filing a bug report. Keep your log files from when a problem occurs, or run the program to just reproduce the error & exit to keep just that problem in a shorter log. (Although, if it is locking, I guess that's the end of what will be going into that log...)

- Andy