SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Sage User

Nielm, thanks for the web server !!!

Nielm,

I believe you wrote this puppy. Thanks for the web server, it is awesome and has all of the functionality I would want, except streaming video to a web browser... Ohh shoot, here I go. This is supposed to be a big hurray Post not a forum for upgrade requests.

I have installed it per your instructions and must say it worked right out of the box. I opened a port through my firewall and directed all incoming traffic to that port to the machine running Sage. I am sitting at work now and making changed to my favorites, picking shows to record, etc. I will be gone for a week on business and the web server is about the greatest tool I can have to manage my precious disk space.

Again, two big thumbs up. It is truly a nice as well as very fast and snappy design.

Thanks, Bjorn
Old 12-02-2004, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Old 12-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Sage User

Agreed. Great utility. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2004, 04:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I could not believe how easy this was.
My Server is on a 108MB wireless lan, through a Cable modem with dynamic IP address.

Setup and running (with dyndns.org) within 25 minutes.

Awesome.

Bloody Good.

Thanks Nielm
Old 12-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I agree, It's really great! Thanks for that Nielm.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Sage User

Ditto!!!! :Thumb: :Coffee:
Old 12-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Sage Expert

champanger

goes to nielm
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 12-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

How easy to upgrade from v2.0.20?

I've been running v2.0.20 for a while now. I've been using your STV and like how feature filled and rock-solid it is.

I haven't kept up with the forum in general, but in making some posts this morning saw this one. A quick review of the forum says that there are some issues in v2.1 and the beta v2.2. I'm guessing you are making more utilities than STVs at this point (no nielm v2.1 or v2.2 releases, I saw), but am exceptionally interested in the web server (and maybe the MVP thing, too, but later). This only works with >=v2.1? Any plans on v2.0.?, or just incompatible architectures that make this impossible? Are YOU using your v2.0 STV still, or v2.1/v2.2?

What issues, if any, should I know in upgrading to v2.1 or greater? Same key still work? Free upgrade? Backup the sage.prop wiz.bin etc and install, or something more involved? Reverse install to v2.0 if necessary easy enough? Which, if any, is more stable? v2.1 or v2.2? I see complaints about both, but no real resolution as to 'best to use'.

Sorry to stick all this in this thread since it is all not 100% relevant, but this is the feature I want, and have run out of time to play in the forum today. Thanks for the help nielm. Great work as always and thanks for any help/advice you can give. You are obviously a strong programmer.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
A quick review of the forum says that there are some issues in v2.1
Not everyone has them though: its rock solid for me, and I like the service/UI separation (especially as I have problems with DirectX on my server, so I regularly need to restart the UI)
Quote:
I'm guessing you are making more utilities than STVs at this point (no nielm v2.1 or v2.2 releases, I saw)
Cayars has taken over the role of kitchen-sink STV I created import/patch modules for the features I developed (menu/imdb), which can be added to the OriginalV2 or Malore's STV...
Quote:
but am exceptionally interested in the web server this only works with >=v2.1?
Sadly yes, it uses new features in 2.1 to work.
Quote:
Are YOU using your v2.0 STV still, or v2.1/v2.2?
2.1's OriginalV2, with all my importable modules and Salsbst's WRS importable module. I don't have much time to fiddle, and reliability is important
Quote:
What issues, if any, should I know in upgrading to v2.1 or greater? Same key still work? Free upgrade? Backup the sage.prop wiz.bin etc and install,
not many, yep, yep, backup: of course -easiest to take a copy of the whole Frey directory... (I also backup wiz.bin/sage.properties regularly anyway -- I keep daily versions going back about 10 days).

downgrading is a matter of, well, uninstalling 2.1, reinstalling 2.0, and restoring the 2.0 Frey directory. You will lose info on the recordings made with 2.1... Note also that 2.1 clients are required with 2.1 server and 2.1 clients don't work with 2.0 server...

(sorry about your other issues... and glad to see you back!)
Old 12-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
It's as elegant as SageTV itself!
I cant imagine why Frey Tech didn't make this a feature out of the box, but regardless GREAT JOB BRO!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8