SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrack View Post
It seems the "Show HDTV Markers" and "Show First Run Markers" when set to "Same as SageTV" doesn't work.
Are you running Sage as a service -- if so, then the webserver cannot see the settings used by the sage TV UI...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

So......what else can I use this webserver for? Totally clueless but curious.
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Are you running Sage as a service -- if so, then the webserver cannot see the settings used by the sage TV UI...
Yep I am .... HEHE. Is there a work around ie update a property file or such?
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

epg_mark_hdtv=true
epg_mark_first_runs=true
in Sage.properties.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
the generated EPGID is too long, and the rest of the webserver thinks that the last few digits are an Episode number -- you could either not generate a new EPGID, or re-edit the show and manually change the EPGID to remove them... This will be fixed...
another bug (dammit!) workaround: Either do not generate a new EPGID, or enable the 'Edit Airing' checkbox
Thanks, Nielm. Really appreciate you spending time on the webserver. It's a lifesaver.

Rick
Old 05-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Webserver date display

Nielm. Excellent piece of work!!!

I've noticed in the date column ... the year is not displayed. Will it be too much to include the year with the date display for recording from previous years.(Sage Recordings)

I think I saw in an earlier reply/post that you will be working on the photos portion .....

Is there currently an option or plans to include an option to increase the width of the grid to get a larger photo thumbnail display? (Slide show or view by folder )

as always thanks for the great work!
Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

How can I make the background wallpaper to stretch to fit to fit the whole screen? It's currently showing up as a smaller square in the middle of my screen high-res screen.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-15-2007, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
How can I make the background wallpaper to stretch to fit to fit the whole screen?.
You cannot... The options in CSS for background image are either image size or tiled. There is no zoom-to-fit option.

This image does not look good tiled, and if you put an image that's too big there, it takes an age to download, and handhelds hate it!.

Workaround: resize image to be bigger (webserver/webroot/background.jpg)

If anyone with Photoshop/Gimp skillz can create a small-ish sized background image that looks good tiled, then they get a free copy of the webserver
Old 05-15-2007, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay, i have a tiled background in mind. Could you please tell me how to make it display as tiled?

Edit: While I have your attention, could you please tell me the quickest and easiest way to add a generic username/password for read only? I tried to look this up on the webserver website, but it looks like its been down all day. Last time I tried this, it got more complicated than I wanted it to be (ie giving read only rights to each individual section of the webserver).

Quote:
You cannot... The options in CSS for background image are either image size or tiled. There is no zoom-to-fit option.

This image does not look good tiled, and if you put an image that's too big there, it takes an age to download, and handhelds hate it!.

Workaround: resize image to be bigger (webserver/webroot/background.jpg)

If anyone with Photoshop/Gimp skillz can create a small-ish sized background image that looks good tiled, then they get a free copy of the webserver

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 05-15-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Okay, i have a tiled background in mind. Could you please tell me how to make it display as tiled?
Put it in webserver/webroot/sage as (say) mkanet_bkg.jpg
Edit webserver/webroot/sage/sage_all.css
replace
Code:
	background-image: url('Background.jpg');
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	background-position: top center;
with
Code:
	background-image: url('mkanet_bkg.jpg');
	background-repeat: repeat;
	background-position: top left;
Fully Refresh browser (Shift-F5/Shift-click refresh) to reload the css.

Quote:
Edit: While I have your attention, could you please tell me the quickest and easiest way to add a generic username/password for read only? Last time I tried this, it got more complicated than I wanted it to be (ie giving read only rights to each individual section of the webserver).
It's still like that. A decent user/priv system is still on the todo list...

Last edited by nielm; 05-16-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:05 AM
SageTVaholic

There is no code??

Quote:
Put it in webserver/webroot/sage as (say) mkanet_bkg.jpg
Edit webserver/webroot/sage/sage_all.css
replace
Code:

with
Code:

Fully Refresh browser (Shift-F5/Shift-click refresh) to reload the css.

It's still like that. A decent user/priv system is still on the todo list...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-16-2007, 03:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I used invisible ink

(I hit send before I pasted the code in!)
Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

I didn't know you were a comedian too. I included a very generic background which can be tiled; and, as a bonus, included a respective hex background color.

So... I am I still eligible for a free copy of the webserver software? I'd love to have a second copy

background-color: #01073C;

Quote:
I used invisible ink

(I hit send before I pasted the code in!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mkanet_bkg.jpg (23.5 KB, 323 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

I was playing around with the Web Developer Firefox add-on, and hid the background image, and I think I actually like it better. Yes, it's plain, but it isn't distracting. I am not really a fan of the fixed background with the "overlay scrolling. To each his own. But I think I may just comment out the image reference in the CSS to see how I like it.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Sage User

This webserver is awesome! Everything seems to be running fine except one thing that hopefully somebody can help me with. When I try to do an EditShow on a Recording the page loads all the show info and editable forms, but I get this error under Airing Information:

Quote:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "IsAiringHDTV" numargs=1
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "IsAiringHDTV" numargs=1
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:20)
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.booleanApi(SageApi.java:144)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.EditShowInfoServlet.printForm(EditShowInfoServlet.java:860)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.EditShowInfoServlet.doServletGet(EditShowInfoServlet.java:1077)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:71)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1567)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1542)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1429)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:17)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at sage.ai$e.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.ai.if(Unknown Source)
... 12 more
It's something to do with the IsHDTV airing tag, but it's way beyond me and I can't find anything searching the forums here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewsage View Post
This webserver is awesome! Everything seems to be running fine except one thing that hopefully somebody can help me with. When I try to do an EditShow on a Recording the page loads all the show info and editable forms, but I get this error under Airing Information
What Sage version are you running? The edit show info and XML import functions requires V5 at present (the webserver version 2.14 and earlier they did not use these V5 API's)...
Old 05-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Sage User

@Nielm

Thanks for the quick response. That explains it then. I'm still using sagetv 2.2. I briefly did the trial for v4, and then v5, but I'm using an older machine and the program was just too sluggish on it so I went back to v2. I didn't think the added benefits were worth the cost of an upgrade.

However, I have a lot of xvid movies in my Video Library that I would like to import some descriptions and things into (I use Ant Movie Catalog to keep detailed info on all the movies) and this webserver looked like the ticket. But if the edit show only works for v5 or above, it looks like I'll have to try elsewhere. Great program, though!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewsage View Post
@Nielm

Thanks for the quick response. That explains it then. I'm still using sagetv 2.2. I briefly did the trial for v4, and then v5, but I'm using an older machine and the program was just too sluggish on it so I went back to v2. I didn't think the added benefits were worth the cost of an upgrade.

However, I have a lot of xvid movies in my Video Library that I would like to import some descriptions and things into (I use Ant Movie Catalog to keep detailed info on all the movies) and this webserver looked like the ticket. But if the edit show only works for v5 or above, it looks like I'll have to try elsewhere. Great program, though!
If you can go from ANT to .my files look at the .my file importer..

B
Old 05-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Sage User

@bcjenkins

Thanks for the idea. When searching around for a solution to this I saw the .my files thing, but I'm afraid I didn't quite understand what it did. Are these some kind of file I can place in the same directory that SageTV will parse to add description info for the movies? That's what they appeared to do, but I was under the impression that it was for later versions of SageTV, not v2. I can't talk my wife into a new computer for SageTV as of yet...
Old 05-17-2007, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

I am sorry, I missed that piece of the puzzle.

B

Tags
web