SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

WOW! Awesome update nielm, can't wait to get home and install this. Multi-file delete? Importing from Xml? Great stuff! Thank you!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

I access the web server with a URL of the form www.myurl.com:8080/sage/home to reach the log in web page.

Is there a way that I can change the default so that the URL www.myurl.com would be the log in web page?

Dave
Old 05-04-2007, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I access the web server with a URL of the form www.myurl.com:8080/sage/home to reach the log in web page.

Is there a way that I can change the default so that the URL www.myurl.com would be the log in web page?

Dave
You could do a simple index.html redirect. http://www.instant-web-site-tools.co...-redirect.html

B
Old 05-04-2007, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Web Server Feature Request

Nielm,

Is it possible to add a feature to change the Title of a favorite show? I have set up a favorite which is limited to a day and time slot in order to capture a show on community television. The problem is that the show is called Local Origination and is not friendly named to the segment which is airing. The CTV does not publish it's guide to Zap2it or the cable provider doesn't. This would also be helpful for manual timed recordings.

TIA

B
Old 05-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Nielm!

I just installed the new webserver. Looks great!

In the TV Guide grid of the webserver, it looks like some functionality has been lost though. There is no difference in the display between watched episodes and non-watched episodes. From what I remembered, it used to display watched episodes in italics, but now all in the same font. I double checked my extraction of the files, and don't see any issues. I don't think I forgot to include anything.

This feature is helpful and I'd really like to know what I did wrong. Thanks in advance for any help you can give! I'll report other things if/when I find them.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Sage Expert

Nielm,

Thanks for the new release...I'm still working on the problems you helped me with last week though, before I install it..

You were right when you said that VLC was not being found...I realized VLC is being looked for in the C:\ drive..and my default drive is F:\...So, changed the setting in one of the files to make it look for VLC on the F:\ drive..But I could only find that setting for transcoding..Is there a similar setting for streaming?

So, now some of my transcoding works, but very slowly...When I try to stream the video, I get a big square where the video should be with a little "X" up in the left corner - "like it could not find something"

Any idea what this could mean?

Thanks as always for any help,

Gary Ellis
Old 05-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Couple of minor issues with this release:

1. 1 series of recordings is listed in separate folder with the name the same.
2. Sometimes when looking at list of recordings, some names are missing from some a of the recordings, and thus no link to click on to view detail of recording.
3. Sometimes when editing a shows info, if I try and change/modify channel info I receive a message similar to this

Failed generating new Airing
for Show EPext6f77703d on chID 54212 st=1178449140000 dur=0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "AddAiringDetailed" numargs=13
Old 05-06-2007, 02:56 PM

Help!

Everything works great if I am not recording anything and I am not watching anything, but as soon as something starts recording or I start watching LiveTV I get the following error:

Quote:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: invalid Object
java.lang.NumberFormatException: invalid Object
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.Airing.(Airing.java:131)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:257)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:71)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1567)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1542)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1429)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:
After scheduling a series to record the error disappeared and it now shows the series I setup to record, so now that I have actually scheduled something to record it works. However, that still means that when I don't have anything scheduled the error will probably reappear

Last edited by afterwego; 05-06-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Sage User

Is it possible to get a SOAP type interface to the webserver or a full XML API? I'd like to use an external app to not only get data from the webserver but to issue commands as well.

Also, I'm noticing that the XML output doesn't always have all the same information I can see on the webpage. For instance, on the 'imported videos' it shows a filesize and filetype, doesn't show those in the XML.

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited by Sizam; 05-06-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Sage User

Bugs in 2.15

Nielm,

Thanks for the update, but it looks like some bugs got introduced to the Edit Show Information function. When I modify the episode information, the webserver is now prefixing the information with "ccdba - ". This does not show up in the edit screen, but does show up in the episode listings. Also, when I update the episode information, the new file has no channel information.

Because of the above problems, I haven't tried to edit enough episodes to tell if the file deletion problem has been solved.

Looking forward to the next update.

Rick

Edit: In further tests, the "ccdba" is just one example of five random appearing characters that get inserted at the beginning of the episode information. The channel information continues to get deleted.

Last edited by RickD; 05-07-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: New information
Old 05-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry, my post a couple of pages ago was jibberish, which is why nobody replied.

Is it possible to set a program to record using the web interface, then once it has started to record, play the program (while it is still recording)? I want to do this using Orb to transcode (then I can watch it on my phone) all through the web interface. When I try and do this, media player on my phone says that the stream is unplayable. I guess it because the file that is being recorded in some way is locked. Can this be fixed? It would allow me to watch 'live' tv using my mobile phone.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Is it possible to add a feature to change the Title of a favorite show?
You mean once it has recorded? yes: from detailed info screen, [Edit show info], enable Edit Show, and change the title, making sure 'auto generate new EPGID is set. (there is a minor bug which means that the EPGID is too long and part gets displayed as an EpisodeID, but thats on the 'to fix' list)
Old 05-14-2007, 02:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal View Post
In the TV Guide grid of the webserver, it looks like some functionality has been lost though. There is no difference in the display between watched episodes and non-watched episodes. From what I remembered, it used to display watched episodes in italics.
A CSS rule is failing to be selected. As a quick workaround, put the following in sage_all.css:
Code:
	.epgcell div.cropwatched {
		font-style: italic; 
	}
Old 05-14-2007, 02:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
But I could only find that setting for transcoding..Is there a similar setting for streaming?
transcoding with VLC is used for streaming
Quote:
So, now some of my transcoding works, but very slowly...
maybe your server is not powerful enough to do live transcoding/streaming -- check the CPU usage when streaminf.
Quote:
When I try to stream the video, I get a big square where the video should be with a little "X" up in the left corner - "like it could not find something"
I am guessing you are playing it in the browser...
Which transcoding mode and which browser (I guess IE?).
Do you have plugins disabled in the browser's Security Settings?

If using an H264/Mpeg2/Mpeg4 transcoding mode, perhaps re-install the VLC plugin...

Alternatively, use the streaming playlists, and open the playlist with a external media player (WMP for WMV, VLC for all others)
Old 05-14-2007, 02:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizam View Post
Is it possible to get a SOAP type interface to the webserver or a full XML API? I'd like to use an external app to not only get data from the webserver but to issue commands as well.
it's technically possible -- just someone has to implement it
Quote:
Also, I'm noticing that the XML output doesn't always have all the same information I can see on the webpage. For instance, on the 'imported videos' it shows a filesize and filetype, doesn't show those in the XML.
the XML output gives you the filenames -- you can get the rest from the file (I will consider adding the file format info to the XML though).
Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterwego View Post
Everything works great if I am not recording anything and I am not watching anything, but as soon as something starts recording or I start watching LiveTV I get the following error:
will be fixed in next version...
Old 05-14-2007, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOSG View Post
1. 1 series of recordings is listed in separate folder with the name the same.
Is this only in the webserver, or also in Sage. Note that the grouping is case-sensitive, and depending on how you sorted your recordings, there may be groupings on each page of recordings (paging is done before grouping).
Quote:
2. Sometimes when looking at list of recordings, some names are missing from some a of the recordings, and thus no link to click on to view detail of recording.
Is this also in Sage?
Can you PM me the XML show information for one of these please... you may have to 'view source' to get the link to the detailed info for one of these shows... (search source for 'DetailedInfo')
I will change the code so that there will still be something to click on for 'blank' titles...
Quote:
3. Sometimes when editing a shows info, if I try and change/modify channel info I receive a message similar to this
Failed generating new Airing
for Show EPext6f77703d on chID 54212 st=1178449140000 dur=0
The Airing duration must be greater than zero

Did you set the duration to 0, or did the webserver put 0 in the duration field?
Old 05-14-2007, 04:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
Is it possible to set a program to record using the web interface, then once it has started to record, play the program (while it is still recording)?
Yes via the webserver's built-in streaming, unfortunatly not via Orb -- Orb sees that the file is in use by another program and cannot open it.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD View Post
Thanks for the update, but it looks like some bugs got introduced to the Edit Show Information function. When I modify the episode information, the webserver is now prefixing the information with "ccdba - ".
the generated EPGID is too long, and the rest of the webserver thinks that the last few digits are an Episode number -- you could either not generate a new EPGID, or re-edit the show and manually change the EPGID to remove them... This will be fixed...
Quote:
Also, when I update the episode information, the new file has no channel information.
another bug (dammit!) workaround: Either do not generate a new EPGID, or enable the 'Edit Airing' checkbox
Old 05-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
Talking

Hi,

It seems the "Show HDTV Markers" and "Show First Run Markers" when set to "Same as SageTV" doesn't work. I have the makers displaying in the Sage guide and works perfectly!

However I have manually select the HDTV and First run markers under options every computer I go to.

Any ideas?
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?

Tags
web