SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

No-I just checked my webserver but I only have 1 recording going. Currently recording Cold Case Files 12:00 PM-1:00 PM. Next upcoming recording is Cold Case Files 1:00 PM-2:00 PM.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Sage Expert

Nielm...Please I need help with the web server plugin.

When I go to a video recording and press "watch Streamed", the plugin takes me to the bottom of the page and there is a message there about low bandwidth. Also , it ways that I do not have VLC...I know I have VLC, because when I press play in external player, it comes up in VLC, but very slow and scratchy.

This worked great for me until last week when I downloaded Sage 6.1 and downloaded the latest webserver.

Help..please..

Thanks..
Old 04-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
Nielm...Please I need help with the web server plugin.

When I go to a video recording and press "watch Streamed", the plugin takes me to the bottom of the page and there is a message there about low bandwidth. Also , it ways that I do not have VLC...I know I have VLC, because when I press play in external player, it comes up in VLC, but very slow and scratchy.

This worked great for me until last week when I downloaded Sage 6.1 and downloaded the latest webserver.

Help..please..

Thanks..
Can you verify that you have VLC installed on your webserver machine (not just on the client)?

E
Old 04-15-2007, 02:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
When I go to a video recording and press "watch Streamed", the plugin takes me to the bottom of the page and there is a message there about low bandwidth.
The low bandwidth message is because people were trying to stream the original MPEGs over the internet...

Stream original file / Play in web-player is identical to the old [Watch: Streamed] button. That code path has not changed.

My only explanation for stuttering is
  • Low network performance (if wireless LAN: check that your neighbours are not using the same channel)
  • CPU usage on server
  • CPU usage on client
  • Lots of Disk IO on server (unlikely, but if some process has gone crazy or during a defrag)

Quote:
Also , it ways that I do not have VLC...I know I have VLC....
It is mentioning that you do not have VLC installed on the *server* -- which means that transcoding of the files for internet playback (using VLC) is not possible.

Quote:
I cannot explain what might have changed - as I mentioned the stream original file code path is unchanged, and it works for me - you could always downgrade the webserver to the previous version to check, and if it is still a problem, then it must be Sage 6.1 related...

Last edited by nielm; 04-15-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Streaming Live TV via orb

I stream to my Windows 5.0 mobile using Orb. This works well for recorded TV and imported media. however, I thought I could also watch live TV by using the web interface to record the program and them use the web interface to stream it, via Orb, to my mobile. It does not work in this case as I get an error. This is sort of to be expected as Sage is using the file that I am trying to stream with Orb. can anyone think of a work-around? My mobile used HSDPA on a UMTS networ so I get very good results (Streaming at 260kbit/second)
Old 04-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Intelligent suggestions - No more folders?

I just upgraded to the latest web server and now intelligent suggestions isn't grouping into category folders anymore.. I have this option set to group by category but no results.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

yes I know.. new version to come very soon...
Old 04-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Sage User

Show information edit problem

I'm a new user of the webserver, but find it a fantastic tool. Really appreciate you making this available. I have been experimenting with editing show information and seem to have a very serious problem. I have a lot of language lesson episodes that don't identify the episode number in the show title, so I have been adding the lesson number to the "Episode" slot on the form. In the course of processing about ten of these, two shows have completely disappeared from my system.

In both cases, I got the screen saying that the files were being renamed, and everything seemed fine. When I then looked at the recordings list in webserver, the file is listed, but with a size of 0.00MB. The detailed information screen comes up with the show information, but with 0.00MB again, and attempting to edit the information results in a screen saying that the file is not writeable.

In fact, I cannot find any trace of the file in the show directories. Fortunately, I was experimenting with files that I could replace, so the loss of the recordings was not a problem. The ability to edit show information is extremely important (in my case, I have over a hundred recorded language lessons and no way to tell which episode is which without watching it). Let me know if I can be of any assistance in tracking down this problem. Perhaps, if it is not something obvious, you could do a failsafe by first copying the file to a temporary directory before you edit the original.

Rick
Old 04-27-2007, 04:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Which webserver version (bottom of home page) are you using?

There is a bug in a previous version if you edit show info and keep the same EPGID ('generate new EPGID' disabled) which would lead to the files being deleted.

There will be a new webserver out soon which should be safer when editing show info...
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Sage User

Show information edit problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Which webserver version (bottom of home page) are you using?

There is a bug in a previous version if you edit show info and keep the same EPGID ('generate new EPGID' disabled) which would lead to the files being deleted.

There will be a new webserver out soon which should be safer when editing show info...
I'm using 2.14, and the webserver is generating a new EPGID (I'm not even sure where you would disable that option).

Thanks for the fast response and looking forward to the new version.

Rick
Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Adding a way to change a Favorite from Title to Keyword

Nielm Hi,

Can you add a piece of code to the webserver that will change a Favorite from being Title, to being a keyword.

why, you ask? If I add a favorite from the guide (in sage) it adds it as a title search, but there are times that you want to edit that name, and make it more generic (instard of "simposns 9" make it a keyword "simpsons").

I have it in STVI form, from my previous toolkit, but I think it would be a good addition to the webserver, what do you think?
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 05-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you

webserver rocks. I couldn't live without it. Since I use a server stored down the in the basement to handle everything except viewing/listening, I save so much time with your webserver.

Thank you very much!!!!

Last edited by NEOSG; 05-01-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I want to name the extenders. The features say you can do it in the extender's properties file. What needs to be added? thanks.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Why is it that after I change a shows data (name,description), using the webserver, it moves to the archived shows?

Can I choose not to have it archived? because sometimes i fix a shows data, and then I need to go an extra step and restore it to unarchived mode.

Thanks.
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 05-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
I want to name the extenders. The features say you can do it in the extender's properties file. What needs to be added? thanks.
Go look in the file, there's an example there, it's very simple. No need to stop Sage or anything: make a change, save the file, then refresh the web page to see the effect.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 05-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
You add a few lines to the extenders.properties, the MAC address of the extender, followed by the name you give it,as shown below

00123456789a=The Cow in the kitchen
00987654321a=Bud Studley
00abcd876541=Nosey Neighbour
000cbae45123=Bedroom

If you open the file, it has brief instructions in it. You add these lines below the instructions.

EDIT: You beat me to it
Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
Why is it that after I change a shows data (name,description), using the webserver, it moves to the archived shows?
because if not, after the edit is complete there is a chance that Sage may auto-delete it, thinking its a liveTV file.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:15 AM
SageTVaholic

new release v 2.15

v2.15 04/May/2007
BUGFIXES
* Corrected property name in transcode.properties.
* Fixed intelligent suggestions grouping
* Fixed transcoding modes list layout

ENHANCEMENTS
* Added past/future/Recorded Files search links in TV search results
* Added ability to page results in all views (useful if you have a lot of recordings or a small screen)
* Better recordings management (added group selection, group actions, multi-file delete)
* More actions in search results for TV files (eg delete)
* Added Grouping in search results
* Import of Favorites, Airings and MediaFiles from exported XML files
* Safer Edit Show Info.

It does not look like much, but a lot of work went into this update

The XML import feature still needs improvements: the imported files need to be renamed to match Sage's naming scheme so that they can be moved around...
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
Can you add a piece of code to the webserver that will change a Favorite from being Title, to being a keyword.
I will put it on the todo list
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
You add a few lines to the extenders.properties, the MAC address of the extender, followed by the name you give it,as shown below

00123456789a=The Cow in the kitchen
00987654321a=Bud Studley
00abcd876541=Nosey Neighbour
000cbae45123=Bedroom

If you open the file, it has brief instructions in it. You add these lines below the instructions.

EDIT: You beat me to it
British humour!

Tags
web