SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
OK.... question of the day.....

I have been and want to continue using neil's web server for Sage.

However I want to also use IIS to set up a dynamic family web site with features that I cannot get in the java web server that is included with neil's web server.

Does anyone know of a way I can use IIS as the main port 80 coming in from the internet, but if the user requests xxx.com/sage that I could get IIS to forward to the sage server's IP address for Sage to resolve the rest?

Thanks!

Stacy
You should be able to as long as Neil's web server uses a port other than 80. In IIS you would create a virtual directory.
Type in the alias you want ("sage")
Then give it a path. (this is not relevant since you will change it later)
Leave the permissions as "Read"
Finish
Right click on the Virtual Directory and get properties
On the Virtual Directory tab select "A redirection to a URL"
place the path to your sage webserver and include the port (http://sageserver:8888/sage/home)
To access it you will go to http://www.myserver.com/sage and it will redirect you to that website.

Need to make sure you have the Sage webserver port open on your firewall as well.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
You should be able to as long as Neil's web server uses a port other than 80. In IIS you would create a virtual directory.
Type in the alias you want ("sage")
Then give it a path. (this is not relevant since you will change it later)
Leave the permissions as "Read"
Finish
Right click on the Virtual Directory and get properties
On the Virtual Directory tab select "A redirection to a URL"
place the path to your sage webserver and include the port (http://sageserver:8888/sage/home)
To access it you will go to http://www.myserver.com/sage and it will redirect you to that website.

Need to make sure you have the Sage webserver port open on your firewall as well.
Is there a way to do it if they're on the same port? They are on two different PCs. I was thinking if I just entered the regualr web site, it would go to the IIS server. If I put a different folder after it (xxx.com/sage) then it could be redirected. But maybe I'm showing I'm not that smart :-)

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

srothwell, just curious what is it that's missing from the web server?

You probably already saw Mahoney's post in #1270 about getting it working with Apache, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. It looks like he put something up on the wiki. That's pretty cool, Mahoney. I'll have to check it out.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Is there a way to do it if they're on the same port? They are on two different PCs. I was thinking if I just entered the regualr web site, it would go to the IIS server. If I put a different folder after it (xxx.com/sage) then it could be redirected. But maybe I'm showing I'm not that smart :-)

Thanks!
The problem you run into is you can only forward a port to one internal address on a firewall (unless you have multiple external addresses) So if you were able to redirect it to another machine and you tried port 80 it would fail since the redirect would be to port 80 and....port 80 goes somewhere else. The external connection would never complete. You could do it internally since it doesn't have to traverse a firewall. If you use another port, you can forward that port to the other box and therefore your redirect will work.

You can't run them both on the same box listening to port 80 since that wouldn't work. And if you just redirect the virtual directory to the root of the sage webserver it would not work either since it needs (I assume) the built in webserver and its components to work.

If you wanted to get fancy and knew how, you could do an "include" that would wrap the Sage webserver into an html document served from the IIS box. That might give you what you need without a redirect.

Edit: If IIS is not required, I think you can add virtual directories to Neil's webserver to serve up web pages. Not 100% sure that is true but I think I remember instructions to do that for media files and such.

Last edited by jlabrue; 11-02-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

If you are really against redirecting to another port you can look to find a utility to do a reverse proxy which will allow you to do what you are wanting to do. There is just not a native way to handle that in IIS without code or third party.

http://www.saltypickle.com/Home/16

Last edited by jlabrue; 11-02-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Request: Web-creatable, pop-up "note"

I'd love to be able to enter a simple "note" (note, reminder, message, whatever) using the Web User Interface. It would then pop-up a remote-dismissable dialog box on the SageTV screen and display the message.

And make the note have a "time trigger" so that it could be set to pop-up at a desired time on a desired date.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey that's a pretty nifty feature! I'm glad I thought of it. Actually, I wish I thought of it first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarr
I'd love to be able to enter a simple "note" (note, reminder, message, whatever) using the Web User Interface. It would then pop-up a remote-dismissable dialog box on the SageTV screen and display the message.

And make the note have a "time trigger" so that it could be set to pop-up at a desired time on a desired date.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 11-13-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

'nuther suggestion

Since we are adding to our wish list for Santa..

I'd like to be able to shutdown my Media Extenders via the web client. There are times, such as when I install or update Sage, that I want them to load the new image and doing so remotely via a 'reboot' would be great..

"reboot MVP"
"turn off MVP"
"turn on MVP"

I don't know if that can be done via software, but it sure would be nice to be able to do that... even from the SageTV Server..

Thank you Santa..
Old 11-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey guys, I did a reformat yesterday and started fresh with 6.0

I am getting an error when accessing the web server that says something like

error main_menu.js syntax

or something along those lines. The screen has no background and no images loading as well as no links

worked fine before I reformatted. Some issue with sage6 maybe?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarr

and the popup mesage would probably say "get off your fat a**e and put the dinner on"
Old 11-17-2006, 04:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
Hey guys, I did a reformat yesterday and started fresh with 6.0

I am getting an error when accessing the web server ... The screen has no background and no images loading as well as no links

worked fine before I reformatted. Some issue with sage6 maybe?
try a webserver reinstall, you may be missing some files. Webserver works fine with V6 notmally
Old 11-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Since I knew that was the typical response, I tried reinstalling.. But for sanity sake I tried yet again today with a fresh download this time..

worked like a charm thanks! Good lesson. Reinstall from fresh downloads

Like the new changes btw.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to Paul365
The download site appears to be in error.

Trac detected an internal error:
database is locked

http://www.sage-community.org/index....erver#null.zip

nm its fixed now.

Last edited by Paul365; 11-20-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

OK, I just installed this on my server. It's never been on the machine before, but it doesn't seem to running a web server. Any tricks to installing it? (I simply unzipped the files into the Sagetv\Sagetv folder and added the startup line to the sage.properties file. I restarted the service many times, but it doesn't want to work. I'm using JRE 1.4.11. Help!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Did you put your login information in the realms.properties file?

How are you testing to see if it works or not?

I use "http://htpc:80/sage/Home" while on the home LAN (htpc is the computer name in Windows, or you can use the actual IP address).

Last edited by geogecko; 11-26-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

He should still be getting a login prompt just using the defaults... Are you sure your firewall isn't blocking you if you are trying from a remote computer? You might also check the sage.properties to make sure it took. Although if you are sure you shutdown sage that shouldn't be an issue, though.

edit: Mine installed on port 8080.

Last edited by AngelofDeth; 11-26-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

I'm trying on the local machine and it's still not working. I was expecting to at least get the login prompt with the defaults. I didn't see any reason to change the login info until I could see the web page. By the way, I'm using Sage 6.0.15.

Last edited by toricred; 11-26-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, mine did the same 8080 port thing as well, but I had to change mine to 8088 because 8080 was being used by something else on my router...
Old 11-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
I'm trying on the local machine and it's still not working. I was expecting to at least get the login prompt with the defaults. I didn't see any reason to change the login info until I could see the web page. By the way, I'm using Sage 6.0.15.
You are trying port 8080 right? Also, you might want to try using the IP address of your server (or 127.0.0.1) instead of its name.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, I've tried the loopback address and port 8080. Maybe I put the wrong line in sage.properties. Since I can't access the instructions because of the error, can somebody please tell me what the line should read in sage.properties?

Also, is it a problem that I'm only running the service on the server and not the GUI?

Tags
web