SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

OOPS!!! Ok I installed the new JARS in the Jar folder and installed the new Webserver folder (the 12-09-05 version). I now have no menus to chose anything from. I can still see the Currently Recording but that is all. What did I do wrong???
Old 12-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

404 Error with version 2.3

If you hover over a category heading such as.. Schedule Recordings, Program Guide or Media Library (though not the SageTV Header) and actually click on the Header it appears to hyperlink to null or something.. Is there a future use for hyperlinking these headers, is it a mistake, or should I just not click them??
Old 12-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Bravo. The new version kicks ass.
thanks.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
OOPS!!! Ok I installed the new JARS in the Jar folder and installed the new Webserver folder (the 12-09-05 version). I now have no menus to chose anything from. I can still see the Currently Recording but that is all. What did I do wrong???
did you delete the 3 directories that the installation instructions told you to delete (you may also notice that the version number at the bottom of the page says 1.6!)
Old 12-10-2005, 03:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
If you hover over a category heading such as.. Schedule Recordings, Program Guide or Media Library (though not the SageTV Header) and actually click on the Header it appears to hyperlink to null or something.. Is there a future use for hyperlinking these headers, is it a mistake, or should I just not click them??
Just don't click them -- Its a minor bug in the menu system -- In the next version I will fix it, or you can replace inthe menu_items.js: 'null' with null (ie. remove the quotes)
Old 12-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

That was it .. sorry I thought I did delete. A few words though .........WOW ........GULP ........FANTASTIC ....... I don't know what else to say.

One complaint .. now you do it AFTER I buy a client license
Old 12-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
I have one error in my logs

[Sat Dec 10 11:50:04 CST 2005] No leading 'servlet' keyword, the sentence is skipped
Old 12-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

I just installed the latest webserver, V2.3. I deleted the following diretories:

Acme
net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils
net/sf/sageplugins/webserver

Since net/sf/sageplugins was now an empty directory and no other files were anywhere in the remaining tree I deleted the entire net/ folder. Maybe I shouldn't have done that because I can't get the 3 of the 5 d/l links to work.

In the Detailed Info page for a recording:
If I click the filename link it starts a file download correctly.
If I click the File Playlists (wvx or m3u) WMP opens and the file starts playing correctly.
If I click the Streaming Playlists (wvx or m3u), WMP opens but gives the following error:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occured. The Server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."

The logfile shows: Status-Code 400: Bad Request(empty)

Clicking on Watch (Streamed) opens another IE window w/ an embedded VLC player but the file does not play. Log file shows: Reading request: Remote host closed connection during handshake

And last, if I click Watch (Local File) I get another IE window with choices for VLC or WMP. Clicking VLC gives the same results as Watch (Streamed) and clicking WMP gives an embedded WMP window but nothing ever plays. No logfile entry in any case.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
Since net/sf/sageplugins was now an empty directory and no other files were anywhere in the remaining tree I deleted the entire net/ folder.
-- that should be fine... I have no 'net' or 'Acme' folders on my system..
Quote:
If I click the Streaming Playlists (wvx or m3u), WMP opens but gives the following error:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occured. The Server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."

The logfile shows: Status-Code 400: Bad Request(empty)

Clicking on Watch (Streamed) opens another IE window w/ an embedded VLC player but the file does not play. Log file shows: Reading request: Remote host closed connection during handshake
I wonder if you are using the webserver in SSL/HTTPS mode? I never actually tested this... It is quite possible that VLC or WMP cannot stream over HTTPS. Can you try with SSL disabled if you are able?

Quote:
And last, if I click Watch (Local File) I get another IE window with choices for VLC or WMP. Clicking VLC gives the same results as Watch (Streamed) and clicking WMP gives an embedded WMP window but nothing ever plays. No logfile entry in any case.
probaly the same problem: the WMP/VLC plugin has to download the playlist over HTTPS, before being redirected to the local file...
Old 12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to UniKyrn
Bug in adding favorites by actor

I was trying to add a new favorite by actor for Paul Newman, and the pulldown menu didn't include his name. Figuring that had to be a mistake, I used the regular GUI to try it and sure enough his name was present.

I went back to the web GUI, nope, he's still not there. A random search through the pulldown showed a few other names I'd have expected to see were missing also. It looks like that pulldown menu isn't getting all the names from Sage correctly.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniKyrn
I was trying to add a new favorite by actor for Paul Newman, and the pulldown menu didn't include his name. Figuring that had to be a mistake, I used the regular GUI to try it and sure enough his name was present.

I went back to the web GUI, nope, he's still not there. A random search through the pulldown showed a few other names I'd have expected to see were missing also. It looks like that pulldown menu isn't getting all the names from Sage correctly.
Correction:
yes I see this too..
I will have to look into a fix...

(the reason is:
If you go to new favorite by actor, and *without entering anything* scroll down to where Paul Newman would be, and he will be missing!... Enter Paul in the search box, and he will magically appear. Searching for "" only returns the first 1000 results)

Last edited by nielm; 12-10-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to UniKyrn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I think it is actually a problem in Sage...

If you go to new favorite by actor, and *without entering anything* scroll down to where Paul Newman would be, and he will be missing!... Enter Paul in the search box, and he will magically appear.
Hummm... Ok, I tried both ways and he doesn't show up either way. It looks like it's dependent on the individual installation, not something common everyplace. This is with V2.3, I just installed it this morning.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Sage Expert

Awesome updates Nielm. Nice on the VLC streaming ... very sweet.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
you can replace inthe menu_items.js: 'null' with null (ie. remove the quotes)
Thanks.. that did it.. I posted more as a FYI than as a 'bug'.. figured you knew about it, but just in case you didn't...

Thanks for the great tool!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well thaks to you Nielm I decided to open some ports and try the Server over internet. When logging on within LAN (192.168.blah.blah) all goes well.

When trying from outside (70.131.blah.blah) I get an error message:[jAVAsCRIPT aPPLICATION]
Error in menu_items.js - check syntax

????????????
Old 12-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

OOPS again ..NM I had to change script setting in Microsoft Anti Spyware
Old 12-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
-- I wonder if you are using the webserver in SSL/HTTPS mode? I never actually tested this... It is quite possible that VLC or WMP cannot stream over HTTPS. Can you try with SSL disabled if you are able?
Yes, I am using HTTPS/SSL. I will try to disable it and run over regular http Sunday when I get a chance and report the results.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Sage Expert

no work

i have installed the webserver, but i become a "server not founding" and i have webserver-log:

[Sun Dec 11 14:27:12 CET 2005] No leading 'servlet' keyword, the sentence is skipped

what now?

cu
DIBU

-----ops---- it is port 8080....now it works
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 12-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have a problem with the favorites manager. In Firefox 1.5, it does not work at all to reorder the favorites. In IE it works, but I have to refresh the page to see the changes. I'm using 2.3. I think it worked in an earlier version of the webserver.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Does anyone else have this problem?
yes... me I will look into it and try to get a 2.4 out soon...

Tags
web