SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-07-2005, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Cool... I've not used the stock STV at all, jumped right in with SageMC. Sorry for the illiterate behaviour.
I was a bit confused at first: "274 posts and he doesn't know what a favorite is?!"

Last edited by nielm; 02-07-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I do not mind these changes affecting all browsers since I primarily plan to use this to interface while away from home this means from the zodiac through my phone.

if I take the html pages it generates and modify them to how I would like it to appear can you make that happen (when you have time off course) ??

also the table does not line up in either firefox or the zodiac browser

hmmm today it lined up (except the forst line that containts the hours)

Grrr the embedded password works in firefox but not in the zodiac's browser :-(

Oh Well :-)

Chris Taylor
http://www.zodiacreview.com/
Old 02-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Sage Icon

Another question neilm;

When viewing upcoming movies, since there are countless different movies daily, the search result limit of 100 is too few. Is there way I can adjust that?

Thanks!!
Old 02-08-2005, 02:37 AM
Sage Icon

I would also be nice to have the channel logo show up on the detailed information page of the show.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

'pages' of search results is one of the bugfixes
Channel logo on detailed info page may be possible
Old 02-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks again for you consideration and excellent work!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks from me!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

UPDATE: Thanks, nielm! Works perfectly!

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I read that the Java server could actually be used to serve a website. I've got a few HTML pages I would like to have served. I played around with the settings outlined in previous posts, but I can't get anything to work. I've gotten the Sage webserver working perfectly (except when i break it trying to serve these other pages).

Can some kind soul give me some simple instructions? Which files do I need to change and how do I input the file path? I've tried what seemed to be the correct settings with no luck.

The HTML pages are on my f: drive in a file called "reunion20" (man, i'm getting old).

Thanks!
Brian

Last edited by bhageman; 02-18-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, pretty wicked plugin man!

I noticed a bug on my system (don't know if it's my PowerBook or the plugin) but when I go to add a timed recording, the month says January even though it is actually set to February. If I choose February, it actually chooses March etc...etc...

Thanks!
iSage Theme
Old 02-17-2005, 03:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Travisbell: yep the months are off by one
bhageman: either
  • put the reunion20 dir as a subdirectory of Sagetv/webserver/webroot/, and they will appear as http://webserver:8080/reunion20
  • or add a line in aliases.properties:
    from=/reunion20/;dir=f:\reunion20\
For password protection, you would need to add a line to realms.properties:
Reunion20=/reunion20,user:pass
For optional password protection
Old 02-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Sage User

Is it possible to display a list of the 'imported video library' and be able to select a movie or imported video and initiate playback, on the server? That way I could use an AUdrey touchscreen or airpanel as a 2 way remote control.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

I need some setup help.

I've read the documentation and tried a couple things, but cannot figure out how to get my videos to be served by the web server.

I store my videos on v:\sagetv\library, and x:\sagetv\library. These drives are mounted on both my client and server.

How do I tell the web server that videos here can be served? I tried putting these paths in the alias.properties, and paths.properties but did not get them to work.

Should it look like this?

d:\sage-video\=file://localhost/v:/SageTV/Library/

This did not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 02-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Sage User

Question Webserver plugin Schedule not the same as UI Schedule...

I have a problem with the plugin. When I schedule a show via the WEB interface, it appears in the 'Upcoming Recordings' in the WEB interface but it's not recorded and it does not appear in the 'Upcoming Recordings' in SageTV's interface.

The webserver is plugged into the service, not the client properties. I get the same problem the other way around (recordings set in SageTV not showing up in the WEB interface). The Recordings list is not the same either - only the Program Guide information is the same for both interfaces.

Anyone know how to fix this?

- Monte87
Old 02-22-2005, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

I had this problem recently: It turned out there is a race condition on boot-up with Service, when autologon is enabled, with WinXP's fast booting and Sage set to run on startup, and a suitably fast machine (mine is an AMD64-3000+)...
What happens is that the service and the client front-end are started simultanteously, and due to a bizzare set of circumstances, both end up being servers... If the client is started slightly after the service, or before the service everything is fine!

This was fixed in 2.2.6, and as a workaround, don't set the SageTV client front-end to start on boot (start it manually), or disable the service.

Apart from this scheduling problem, this can lead to all sorts of wierd stuff, like DB corruption, sage.properties corruption, recordings failing etc etc...

Last edited by nielm; 02-22-2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, it's late and I can't get past a pop-up that tell me the connection was refused. Is "http://localhost:8080/sage/Home" a literal link or does something from my PC fill in localhost? I tried the Windows name and the IP.

For the login/password, can I leave it blank? Anyhow I tried a few comboes.

Is this an instal problem or router problem? I am trying to access my HTPC from my work PC on the same network (diff workgroup, that bad?). I'll change that now.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

theoretically localhost will work but ONLY from the same machine where the webserver resides local host is 127.0.0.1 which IS your machine so if you are trying from another machine it won't work

to make it work from another machine goto themachine with the server installed (assuming XP)

goto start then run type CMD press enter

type IP config

there will be two address 255.255.255.0 (not that one the other one)

should be SIMILAR to 192.168.X.XX

replace localhost with THAT address from inside your own network.

I believe you can also eliminate the password simply by not specifying one (not a good idea) just make your address http://userassword@ipaddress:8080/sage/home

save it as a book mark. protection of a password without having to type it in all the time :-)

Chris Taylor
Old 02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I did try the IP address, but it timed out.

I thought maybe the XP SP2 firewall might be blocking it, can I just open up port 8080? I've never messed with it, other than turning it on.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

hmm I also have to CHANGE my port to use something other than 8080

I used port 4895 and have no problem so it sound like you have a port issue

also kill windows firewall it sucks anyway use your router and install mcaffee personal firewall (great program)

Chris Taylor
Old 02-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

also make sure the thing is even online IE type the address and all FROM the machine its installed on (disable windows firewall first as I think they are not compatible)

I just confirmed it works here is what I type in

http://userassword@192.168.0.171:4895/sage/home

I of course ommitted my user and password :-) and you will have to pit inyour ip and port as well

http://192.168.0.171:4895/sage/home

if you have no password use this above (put in YOUR appropiate info off course)

Chris Taylor
Old 02-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I got it to work, it was the firewall which I turned off. The interace is great, great work!

Tags
web