SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Sage Expert

Another 2.1 Undesirable Functional Change

Hi:

I reported that Sage no longer goes to full screen (windowed instead) when coming out of sleep after a reboot when Sage is configured to startup to the tray. This seems to be confirmed and no work arounds yet found. Though, this is really just a minor annoyance. Details can be found in the "Not Full Sreen Anymore" thread.

Now it seems there is another 2.1 functional change that the wife has brought to my attention that we consider undesirable:

When in the Sage Guide, it is possible to navigate several ways. One way is to enter the channel number to go to that location in the Guide (we enter direct numbers when making a big jump rather than "page up/down" method" for much faster navigation). With version 2.0.20, while in the Guide, entering a channel number would take you to that location in the Guide w/o actually changing channels. We liked the funtionality that way when viewing live TV so that we could just see what was on and view the info before making any decision while still monitoring the channel we were currently set to.

Now, for 2.1.10, it actually changes channel when entering a channel number. The guide remains open and goes to that channel location in the Guide but the channel actually changes as well.

This may be as intended, hence the term "undesirable" is subjective and relative. This is more of an aggrevation than is the "fullscreen" thing.

Is everyone else getting this behavior? Is there a line item in Sage.Properties that might control how Sage responds to entering a channel number while in the Guide?

I think Sage had it right in 2.0.20 but now has it wrong; especially if hard coded this way.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-08-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

works fine for me... Are you sure you are not having a keybounce/remote control auto-repeat problem? (2-1-ENTER-ENTER: the second enter starts playback of the selected channel)
Old 11-08-2004, 04:51 PM

Works fine here too.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Sage Expert

That's what I was hoping to hear.

I have written some Girder scripts that give an "Auto Enter". Girder automatically gives an "Enter" command after three numeric digits are received and also automatically gives an "Enter" command with a 1 or 2 digit numeric entry if 2 seconds elapes with no further numbers received.

It has been debugged and in use for quite awhile and was working w/o trouble right up to upgrading to 2.1.

However, now based on your responses, I will review the scripts and confirm that a "double enter" is not being issued. This was a problem I was having with the scripts when I first wrote them but was rectified long ago (with the help from another Sage forum member). But I have suffered stranger things in the past so please stand by while I have look.

Note, however, that a "double enter" should not only change the channel but take you out of the Guide. I am getting a channel change but remaining in the Guide. The "Auto Enter" command issued by Girder is given immediately following the third digit and much faster than can be possibly done by hand. Perhaps a little too fast for 2.1.

I have Sage configured in VMR9, 3d accel enabled.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-08-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:05 PM

Here is a hint .

We updated the base STV to auto hit enter if you entered a number of digits equal to the max length of your lineups. So, if you have a max channel of 200 and entered 150 or 074 Sage will auto enter and go to that entry in the guide. Maybe you are sending another single enter right after that?
Old 11-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Sage Expert

mlbdude:

First, read my post I was composing while you posted your response ahead of it.

There it is! My Girder script automatically gives one and now so is 2.1. Bingo.

I can disable the Girder three digit "Auto Enter" but still leave my 1 and 2 digit time delayed "Auto Enter" scripting active.

Question: When not in the Guide, does Sage now give an "Enter" when 3 digits are entered as well? I hope so.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-08-2004 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
mlbdude:

There it is! My Girder script automatically gives one and now so is 2.1. Bingo.

I can disable the three digit "Auto Enter" but still leave my 1 and 2 digit time delayed "Auto Enter" scripting active.

Question: When not in the Guide, does Sage now give an "Enter" when 3 digits are entered as well? I hope so.

DFA
I know it does in the OSD .
Old 11-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Sage Expert

If it's not global, then the Sage implementaion does me more harm than good since if I disable my 3-digit "Auto Enter" in Girder for the sake of the Guide, I will not have it ("3-digit Auto Enter") in normal non-OSD viewing. Alas, I will test and find out.

Thanks for clueing me in. We can let this thread sink to bottom. I'm sure I was probably the only one or at least very few using the "Auto Enter" Girder scripts although at the time I created the scripts I did post the Girder file on this forum for others to use if they wanted to download it. As I recall, there were not many downloads and probably fewer still who actually implemented it.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-08-2004 at 06:00 PM.