SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-24-2023, 01:34 PM

Video sources and corrupted driver

I can’t successfully set up my video sources. I use a Hauppauge quadhd usb tuner. WinTV10 is running OK. Every time I load my video sources on sageTV a message pops up saying:
“ERROR (-4,0x80004005): There was an problem using the capture device. Please be sure to have the latest drivers installed for your capture device and that they are installed correctly”.
The tuner indicates “no signal” when you tune to any channel. WinTV works on these channels.
I reset my computer and reinstalled sage several times .
Somehow SageTV is not using the correct driver. I think it’s caused by a corrupted or incorrect registry entry or a config file. Can anyone help?
Old 01-24-2023, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you already tried installing the latest version of WinTV? As I understand it, this installs the most recent driver also, and it appears from this webpage that Hauppauge is acknowledging problems with Win 10 updates:
https://hauppauge.com/pages/support/support.html
Old 01-24-2023, 07:39 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
“ERROR (-4,0x80004005): There was an problem using the capture device. Please be sure to have the latest drivers installed for your capture device and that they are installed correctly”.
The tuner indicates “no signal” when you tune to any channel. WinTV works on these channels.
I reset my computer and reinstalled sage several times .
Somehow SageTV is not using the correct driver. I think it’s caused by a corrupted or incorrect registry entry or a config file. Can anyone help?
It's less likely to be a problem with the driver, since WinTv works.

That error msg can be a bit misleading, since it can also occur if the tuner is already in use.

There could be a problem with something in the sage.properties file, which is not re-initialized when Sage gets re-installed. Suggestion: Stop SageTv (including the SageTv service). Copy the sage.properties file to sage.properties.bak. Remove all tuner info by editing the properties file to remove ALL lines starting with 'mmc/encoders'. Save the file and restart Sage. Re-add only ONE of the Hauppauge tuners. Test, from Setup -> Setup Video Sources -> (your tuner) -> Channel Setup -> select a channel -> Preview this channel.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 01-26-2023, 04:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
It's less likely to be a problem with the driver, since WinTv works.

That error msg can be a bit misleading, since it can also occur if the tuner is already in use.

There could be a problem with something in the sage.properties file, which is not re-initialized when Sage gets re-installed. Suggestion: Stop SageTv (including the SageTv service). Copy the sage.properties file to sage.properties.bak. Remove all tuner info by editing the properties file to remove ALL lines starting with 'mmc/encoders'. Save the file and restart Sage. Re-add only ONE of the Hauppauge tuners. Test, from Setup -> Setup Video Sources -> (your tuner) -> Channel Setup -> select a channel -> Preview this channel.
I might need to do that. My schedule (not listings) doesn't update except when I first load SageTV. I get around it with a weekly reboot.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit