SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage User

Problems with USB tuners

I have bought and installed several ATSC USB tuners. All of them work fine when used by the Total Media program. However, I cannot get them to work with SageTV. I have made KWorld and Hauppauge tuners work properly with SageTV but the Hauppauge unit seems to have a fairly short lifetime before becoming degraded and the KWorld units last much longer but eventually die and they are no longer available to buy.

The two of the three problem ATSC tuners don't have a clear name on them but they are white and have "ATSC TV Stick" written on them. The third is the same shape but is black, has "MyGica A681" and has some small vent holes on one side. I have attached a picture of the tuners. When connected to SageTV, all three find the available channels but cannot generate a signal.

Anybody have any experiences like this and is there a way to fix it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tuners.jpg (63.8 KB, 129 views)
Old 11-25-2020, 10:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Not a direct answer to your question but I far prefer the HDHR to USB tuners. It isn't dependent on specific hardware so you can use the tuner from multiple SageTV servers running in your house and you can also directly watch LiveTV from the HDHR app - if you so desire. Plus they are easy to use in VMs or dockers as you don't have to worry about passthrough of devices to a VM. And generally the HDHRs have two or more tuners. If you don't want to spend too much money. You can buy older used ones very cheaply on eBay