SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-24-2004, 07:02 PM

2 Tuners = problems?

Hello, I am new to the SageTV scene.

I have a Hauppauge WinTV 350 and an ATI something or other. (Its and older ATI Card, I don't remember the name). SageTV recognises "ATI card as ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" if that helps.

Both card works great on their own.

The problem that I am having is when I use both cards at the same time. If I try to watch live (or recorded), TV while recording something else, the live TV/recording that I am trying to watch is displayed on my monitor and the show that I am trying to record is displayed on my TV. If I try to change the channel or watch something else, SageTV alerts me that I am currently recording.

1) I can choose don't do anything and then for some reason my computer screen tunes to the new channel anyways

2) I can choose to cancel the new recording and tune to the new channel but then my TV screen goes blank and the computer screen tunes to the new channel

I would like to be able to watch the live show or recording on the TV and have the show that i am trying to record either run in the background or on my computer screen.

Is this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Configuration:
The WinTV 350's coax out is hooked up to the tv.
The ATI's outs are not hooked up to the tv.
Both cards have the same cable feed and channel lineups.
The WinTV 350 has the latest drivers.
The ATI card has the windows defaults.

Thanks
Old 12-24-2004, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

your ATI card is not supported no matter if SageTV recognized it or not
and it sounds like you are using the new beta
I have seen the channel changing bug as well

you should report this to frey in their submit a bug form
and I will as well
Old 12-24-2004, 07:16 PM

Is it supposed to work?

If I were to purcahse another 350, would I be able to watch a show on my tv while recording another in the background?
Old 12-24-2004, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx
Is it supposed to work?
I'm not sure, I know the software encoders (your ATI card thing) aren't supported for recording, I don't think they're officially supported for liveTV viewing either yet.

Quote:
If I were to purcahse another 350, would I be able to watch a show on my tv while recording another in the background?
Should be able to, but another 350 would be a waste of money (you don't need another decoder), you'd be better off going with a 150, 250, or 500.

Also, do you have the TV connected to the 350? If so that's probably causing much of the confusion because your ATI card's video can't be piped through the 350.

-edit

Should have read your first post more carefully (yes you are using the 350's output). In which case you're ATI card is only going to complicate things because, as I said above, it's video can't be piped through the 350, if you want dual tuners and want to use the 350's output, you'll need another MPEG encoder card like the 150/250/500/etc.